cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Execution of Branch Step in workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually, when we use branch step in workflow, the launcher/user need to go to workflow tab--> received list and say Next step as Branch. Is there a way I can automate this without user action?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Branch step works together with validation and based on the result of the validation TRUE or FALSE workflow next steps are executed.

hope this helps.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, we cannot automate this step, user action will require in executing the Branch Step. Once user Selects Next Step -> Branch, it automatically determines the next step depending on Validation result.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using 7.1 , each responsible user receives a work item in workflow. and at the time of importing this work item populate. By clicking this work item in matching mode you can make the process automatic. Just try this against your problem and let me know.

KR,

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I did not get you. It has nothing to do with matching, it is a simple workflow in which I am using Branch workflow. Now by default user need to manually go to main table>workflow tab> Available>right click and in next step>Branch.

Without having user to do this, can it automatically branch?

Request your input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sapmdmuser

Use that workflow schema:

Start->e-mail notification->Branch->Process(Something nex)t->Stop

i that case e-mail notification will work automatically

(But only if you past link to your e-mail server(host) in mds.ini file for current repository )

Regards

Kanstantsin

Edited by: Kanstantsin Chernichenka on Nov 16, 2009 5:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even we use notification step before branch, it ask user to manually branch the step. I think, branch step execute based on validation condition, so it is not possible to automate it..isen't it?

Please suggest