cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransformerConfigurationException...Could not compile stylesheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far my XSLT stylesheet was executed in operations mapping without problems.

However I had to make some changes (e.g. adding some additional xsl:choose elements) and now I get the following compilation error:

-

TransformerConfigurationException occured when loading XSLT xxxxxxx; details: Could not compile stylesheet

---

I develop and change the XSLT externally using XML Spy and there I could run a test transformation without problems or errors.

Only after reimporting as IA archive and selecting the new version in operations mapping I get the error.

How is this possible? How can I debug to find the root cause for the error?

Edited by: Florian Guppenberger on Nov 13, 2009 6:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Could you give us the changes you've implemented please ?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what I have done is to add an additional <xsl:choose> to an already existing <xsl:choose> in the <xsl:otherwise> branch at several locations. Example below.

I hope that there was not typo somwhere else, however what is very strange is that XML Spy says that the XSLT is well-formed and a test transformation executes successfully too.

For that XSLT it is not such a big problem, because I can roll-back to the previous version but I am really concerned if you build a big XSLT from scratch in XML Spy an after import in PI you get a compilation error. So it would be really good to find a root cause for this.

<xsl:choose>

<xsl:when test="RET_DATE">

<xsl:attribute name="nullFlavor"><xsl:value-of select="RET_DATE"/></xsl:attribute>

</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>

<xsl:choose>

<xsl:when test="RET_DATE_VALUE='00000000'">

<xsl:attribute name="nullFlavor"><xsl:text>NA</xsl:text></xsl:attribute>

</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>

<xsl:attribute name="value"><xsl:value-of select="RET_DATE_VALUE"/></xsl:attribute>

</xsl:otherwise>

</xsl:choose>

</xsl:otherwise>

</xsl:choose>

Edited by: Florian Guppenberger on Nov 16, 2009 11:05 AM

Edited by: Florian Guppenberger on Nov 16, 2009 11:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I found the problem!

In one 'test' attribute where I check for a specific string an apostrophe " ' " was missing. I am not sure why I was able to to run the stylesheet in XMLSpy but not in PI.

Maybe the reason is that I used different testdata, so that the test condition is just evaluatead for one piece of testdata but not for the other.

Maybe it is also a good idea to use the same XSLT processor for external testing. Do you know which XSLT processor is used in PI, how I can check this and whether it is possible to change it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

Maybe it is also a good idea to use the same XSLT processor for external testing. Do you know which XSLT processor is used in PI, how I can check this and whether it is possible to change it?

AFAIK, Xalan-Java is used in PI. It is available in PI server and I believe it's not possible to change it.

regards,

Neetesh