cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Roles in USMR (provisioning via CUP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are using GRC CUP 5.3 SP8

How can we avoid or prevent CUP from assigning Roles which already exist for the User master record ?

we have some default Role mappings ( some basic role being tagged to main role)

if the user already has this basic role assigned , by requesting the main role he is getting the basic role again and again

and I see duplicate entries of the same role in USMR I want to prevent this happen.

Any ideas ?

Thanking in advance

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is actually the desired behaviour.

There is an action flag at the end of the line with the role that you can switch to KEEP to avoid that, I think.

If this happens with the default Basis role you're adding, may I suggest you only do that for NEW type requests...?

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank, Alpesh and Simon

thanks for all you input

regards

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Did you get any solution of this problem.I could not find any relevent note related to problem.

waiting for your inputs.

Rgds

Mukesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olivier,

I thought that it only provisioned duplicates if the validity dates were different?

If they are the same then it should overwrite the originals.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Olivier but this is not only the problem with CUP. It is a problem with SU01. Try to add an existing role to an user account and SAP will add a duplicated entry if the role validity dates are different.

When the request is created, CUP just takes the valid from date as current date and no-one is going to check that this role is already assigned to user and someone needs to match the valid from date.

I don't see any resolution to this issue. Can you check with SAP?

Alpesh