cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDS error access denied connecting to KEPware OPC server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed UDS 4.0 on my local machine, trying to connect to a remote OPC server running KEPware V4. I've configured this server as an xMII OPC-DA UDS. When I try to connect to the server, I get a message that says 'Access is denied' in the log:

• Start of Exception Stack Trace **********

1) [11/13/2009-08:47:10.095] USCHCAPP03 [P:4536, T:5464, UDS, ] 0x0 HRESULT: 0x80070005 [Access is denied.] [Connection.cpp @ 2064, CLHOpcDaConnection::Load]

I also have MatrikonOPC Explorer OPC Client installed on my local machine. Initially I was getting '0x80070005 Access is denied' with the OPC client as well, but after changing the DCOM permissions I was able to connect, I figured that would resolve the issues connecting with UDS but apparently not. The OPC client was raising DCOM errors in the server's system log, which helped diagnose the problem. When I try to connect with UDS, I see no errors in the server log.

As a side note, I am able to connect UDS to a test OPC server (MatrikonOPC Simulation).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to change the server property Runtime Mode to executable rather than a service, and it's now connected.

Thanks for responding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the port numbers in UDS and MII are matching, 'Enabled' box is checked, 'IP' address is correct, threading model is 'MTA'. Can you post the configuration paraemters of the UDS instance?

Chanti.