cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC AC 5.3 SP09 Data Mart: How to set up this new feature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

does anyone already has some experience in setting the new data mart functionality in AC 5.3 SP09?

I have read through the data mart config section of AC 5.3 config guide pages 55-56 and 321-322 but don´t understand how this process should work in the simpliest way to receive simple flat files of out AC 5.3.

We do not use Crystal Reports but we just want to have flat file data extracts out of the AC 5.3 and load them into MS Access.

1. Regarding the creation of a new data source in the Visual Admin: Is this required when I just want to get flat files out of AC 5.3 using the data mart jobs?

We use a Oracle DB in a dual stack install for the AC 5.3. Do I need to install a JDBC Oracle driver for setting up the data source?

2. Where am I supposed to find the data mart flat files that would result out of the data mart jobs when I do not have any connection set up to certain analysis tool DB? Do I need to define a file location in the data mart jobs in RAR?

Thanks for any help and regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have no experience with data mart function yet. But perhaps note 1369045 can help you. There you can find a supplemental documentation as attachement.

Much fun and success

Regards

Dirk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

got a reply from SAP on a message regarding this issue stating that the connection process outlined in the document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10e245d3-09a5-2c10-3296-f3afe44497e2&override...

can be applied as well to Oracle DB if your GRC AC 5.3 data is stored in there. Prereq is to add the additional data source in your visual admin.

Via the data mart jobs you then need to fill the data mart and via ODBC for Oracle you should be able to access this data using Crystal Reports or MS Access.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great questions Markus. We are hoping someone can provide answers for you because we are in the same boat...

Help with the setup of the new data mart feature would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

--

Jes