cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting all objects with Universe connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using CR 2008 SP2 and I am trying to create my first report using a Universe as the connection. I click on Blank Report and it opens the Database Expert. I then open Universes under Create New Connection and the Universe that I want to connect to is there but when I double click on it to create my query I am not seeing all of my Dimensions and Measures. This is a small Universe with three classes. The first class has 6 dimensions in it. The second class has two dimensions in it of which these are date dimensions and then my third dimension is my Measures dimension that has 4 measures.

I only see 5 of my 6 dimensions from the first class. I see both of my date dimensions from my date class but I only see one of my measures from my measure class. When I create a new WEBI report connecting to this universe i get everything as expected.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete the local copy as suggested by Abdellatif Astito and open that universe in designer and see if there are any restrictions applied to user (user through which you are trying to create report through CR) If YES then see if there are any Objects level restriction applied. If No restrictions then check specific dimension or measure hide option [should not be hidden] (right click it in designer you can hide particular Object) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I went to Tools->Universes the universe already has a green checkmark beside it as if it is updated but it is not. This is really confusing.

0 Kudos

Are you sure the local universe on your machine is the same as the one you re trying to download ? they might be different but have the same long name (business name).

Try to remove the local unv file physically from your local file system, then in WRC create a new query and select the universe from the CMS. This action should force the download of that universe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked under the Tools->Option->General Tab after logging on to WRC and followed the path. The universe that I am trying to connect to is there but it is a local copy with a modified date a week later than the current one that is on my Edge server. So how do I get the most recent universe locally?

0 Kudos

Try Tools -> Universes and you'll see the list of available universes on the CMS. Select your universe from that list and hit Import button. This action will download the latest version on your local folder.

The universes that are synchronized with your local copies have green icon under State column in that list.

Let us know

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I am logging on to a CMS and it is seeing the correct subfolder of the universes in that CMS. When I open WRC I see the server:port in the system drop down and I use Enterprise in my Authentication drop down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure how to load Universe Designer on my local machine. I would like to do that. We do not have Enterprise 3.1 which has SP2. We have Edge 3.1 and from what I can gather the SP2 version will not be released until sometime in Q1 2010.

0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Since you are using WebI Rich Client of Edge version I assume you are not using a CMS (you are not required to login when you start WRC). Is this correct ? if so then you might need to make sure your WRC hits the appropriate folder of universes. This can be configured from menu Tools -> Options -> General tab, where you can define a default folder for universes. Make sure you point to the folder where your latest version of universes are (locally or on a remote machine). Your WRC will always load the version of universe that is stored in that folder.

Hope this helps

Abdellatif Astito

SAP Business Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just found out something new. It is only when I use Web Intelligence Rich Client on the server that Business Objects is loaded on that I see the complete universe. When I open WEBI Rich client on my local computer I am seeing the cutdown version of the universe. The universe that I am seeing locally is about two versions old. So now I am confused even more.

0 Kudos

Moving to the Universe Forum, it may get moved to the WEBI forum also...

0 Kudos

Hi,

what happens if you open the Universe Designer on your local client and import the universe from the BOBJ repository? What do you see in the WebI Rich client after that?

Are both your server and your client upgraded to SP2?

Regards,

Stratos