cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATERIAL DETERMINATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

material determination works fine with all the options in stratergy (substitution reason), but in the outcome field of substitution reason i was maintaining value as b . so that the new material is displayed as a sub item of the actual material.. so far good..

now the item category of the actual material is tax

and for the new substituted material item category is taps

. now i checket the details of these item categories , problem is here.. the pricing indicator for main is marked as x and for the sub item with item category taps is not marked....

my issue is

1. the pricing should happen for the substitited item and not for the main item.

2. schedule line for tax is cx ( relavent for delivery)

3. schedule line for taps is pp ( not relavent for delivery ) ??????? this is the material that should be delivered.

and finally i am not able to save the sales order ... it gives me document incompletion log error .. sub item gross weight not maintained.??.. i checked material master for sub item and the gross is maintained.

please tell me if what the system is doing is right and give me some solutions for these issues.

thanks in advance

jagadish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain item category determination where TAPS is the higher level item category and Tax is the default. The item category groups for both the materials should be changed accordingly.

Check the gross weight of both the items in the sales order. Maintain both of them

This should resolve all your problems

Thanks

Chandra Kiran