cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistence Layer Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody!

My SAP PI Database increases about 100 thousand messages per day. My retention period is 7 days. So, I have more than 700 thousand messages in the Database right now.

TCODE "SXMB_ADMIN >> Persistence Layer Analysis" shows:

-

Number of Table Entries = 700.000

Maximum Number of Table Entries = 200.000

Current Fill Level in % = 350

-

Is that a problem? For performance reasons, should I change my retention period to 2 days in order to have less then 200.000 messages in the database?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Looking at your case, You need to setup 'Delete Procedure' using SXMB_ADM. This takes care of dropping messages that are not part of retention period by dropping the PMAST table and enabling the copy of the PMAST table.

For more information as on how to setup - get into SXMB_ADM-> Choose Configure Delete Procedure-> Click on 'Information' button to understand the concept, procedure to enable this switch procedure.

This certainly improves the system performance.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar!

I did setup the "Delete Procedure", but I'm not using the "Switch" procedure, I'm using the "Simple" one! I would like to change to the switch, but now I dont have free space enough to perform a switch! ps: SAP has a note about doing a switch even when you dont have free space for that! I will probably try it!

Regards

Julio

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Julio,

no, that's not a problem.

The maximum number 200,000 is used as a threshold for controlling the table switch (provided that switch procedure is turned on). It definitely is not an upper limit for the number of messages stored to database. There is no need to reduce the retention period.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using Switch procedure for deletion, set DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD parameter as mentioned in 5(i) of Note: 872388

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This discussion might give you some information:

Regards,

Ravi