cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP API For SP06?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are trying to integrate MDM (5.5 SP06 Patch 3) with an ECC 6.0 server. We downloaded the MDM TECHNOLOGY 5.5.5.7.00 CAR file from service market place. It was installed successfully in the ECC 6.0 server. But we are unable to find the relevant ABAP component for our MDM version in the "ABAP implementation for MDM version support" of the mdmapic transaction. The components in that table are the ones for SP04 and SP05 but not SP06.

Has anyone successfully used ABAP APIs in their SP06 environment? If yes, then what was the CAR file that was used?

Thanks.

Regards

Swarna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swarna

You get last version of MDM API from

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/swdc

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group ->SAP NetWeaver-> SAP MDM->SAP MDM 5.5->ABAP API Installation->MDM TECHNOLOGY

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin

In the begininng we had downloaded from the same path you have mentioned.

After raising OSS note SAP responded by saying that - the installations should be downloaded from the path:

Download ->

Support Packages and Patches ->

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group ->

SAP NetWeaver ->

SAP MDM ->

SAP MDM 5.5 ->

Entry by Component ->

ABAP API for NW 7.0

After doing that we are able to see the SP06 components.

But now when i try the sample code in the ABAP API How to guide, for creating a repository through API, i'm getting an error -

"Server return code 0X84020003: DCNI_MSG_ErrInitDB"

I verified the ip (same for server host and dbms host), port (20005), dbms username/password. They all seem to be fine.

Has anyone faced this issue before?

Thanks

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Try to test the connection using the Tcode se37.

In this you have to follow the following steps:

1. Mention the function module "MDM_ACCESSOR_CONNECT" and execute it.

2. Enter the "iv_log_object_name" parameter i.e the parameter value that you have used in your program.

3. Enter the "Lan", "Cou", "Reg" as per your repository under "IS_Repository_Language" parameter.

4. After this execute and it will tell you if the connection is successful or not.

Also make sure that the username and password that you are using to log n to ECC 6.0 should be added in MDM also i.e. under Admin -> Users in MDM Console.

Hope this helps!!!!

Regards,

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

We executed the function module MDM_ACCESSOR_CONNECT in se37 and got the following output:

Runtime: 623.403 Microseconds

Exception EX_API_USAGE_ERROR

Message ID: 00 Message number: 001

Inconsistency in configuration. Check server, DBMS, type repository

RFC target sys:

We don't seem to find any problems with the entries in tcode mdmapic for the configurations. Nevertheless if you could point out the common mistakes that are generally made in the configuration we could possibly get some answers.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

We were successfully able to create repository, connect to it and load it, programmatically. (2nd document in ABAP API How to Gudies) But when we try connecting to the newly created repository in MDM Console, It doesnt allow us to login giving the error -"Invalid login credentials". I tried "Admin"/blank password.

Has anyone faced this kind of a situation before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Can you please elaborate the issue? Have you created all together a new repository and you are unable to connect or are you using MDM ABAP APIs to connect?

Regards,

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

Its with the same repository only. We were able to create successfully but unable to connect to it via console. After creating a user in it, we were able to login thro console.

Regards

Swarna