Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter- Add time stamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Scenario:-

File to Proxy and Acknowledgement SAP to File.

Once the file is received by SAP and first ack is send as recepit of file to Legacy system, after that the process goes ahead and do other validation and the same outbound proxy is triggered and send the respeonce.

Now in Ack i am using the same strucutre to send the file receipt and the other response and in file adapter I am differentiatiing the file with Add time stamp option.

Problem:-

My Ack Response from R3 is coming very immidiately. For example Reciept time stamp and other response time stamp is same.

Hence my legacy system is not able to differentiate which is the first flow. Ideally after receipt the other file will be seen by Legacy.

How can I resolve the problem in case when the time stamp for both the flow is same.

I can see Add time stamp option has yyyyMMdd-HHmmss-SSS wat is SSS stands for?

Chirag.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I is stranged that add time stamp function is not working as epxected.For response flow time stamp with milisecond is more than the other flow.

I managed to do it with ABAP which is sending the add time stamp values which is used for differentiating both the flows.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Ack Response from R3 is coming very immidiately. For example Reciept time stamp and other response time stamp is same.

Request / response timestamp can't be same, even if it happens at real time.

I can see Add time stamp option has yyyyMMdd-HHmmss-SSS wat is SSS stands for?

SSS is milliseconds having values between 000-999.

Regards,

Neetesh

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hence my legacy system is not able to differentiate which is the first flow. Ideally after receipt the other file will be seen by Legacy.

How can I resolve the problem in case when the time stamp for both the flow is same.

The mentioned problem can be solved in ABAP. As the process is of two step.

After first step in ABAP put a wait statement for five second before calling the next process.

So this will create two files with different time stamps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already checked with this option at abap end but this is a workaround and we have many interfaces and frequency is very much high which will reduce the peformance.

thnx for the suggestion.

Hi Ravi

SSS is not working as expected though my receipt scenario is first the SSS value is greater than the second secnario.

I am wondering it should not happen.

Any clue.

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Nov 13, 2009 7:58 PM

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure but it might be millisecs.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also thought bout the same but it is some three digit randon no generated by adapter.

Chirag

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

How are we sure that it is not millisecs?

it happens so fast that u might find it random isn't it?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

SSS represents miliseconds.

Its mentioned in old documentation(J2se)

http://saphelp.border-states.com/EN/0d/00453c91f37151e10000000a11402f/content.htm

So try to catch this to differentiate respose time stamp from the other one.

Edited by: nagarjuna _s on Nov 13, 2009 2:35 PM