cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Gap Analysis & Break Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can anyone explain me what is Gap Analysis & Break Analysis with some examples pls.

Thanks in advance,

S N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have heard of gap but not break analysis.

Gap Analysis is:In the design/blueprinting phase of the BW project,the business content in BW is analyzed and tried to match to the client's requirements.

If the std Business Content cannot satisfy the client's requirement for that particular scenario,it is identified as a 'GAP' and is assigned a 'GAP ID'.

All development/config work required for that particular scenario,is tracked based on that GAP ID.

I google'd 'break analysis' but found something called 'break-even analysis'.

It is sort of a point at which business has recovered all the money or capital it invested to setup the business.Beyond this point on the graph,business goes into RED i.e. starts making a profit.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The gap analisys is the analisys on what are the difeerences between actul system and what the customer want to develop.

Gap analysis is some thing which is there in the business scenario but not available in the SAP process model.

Business blue print is the document containing Q&A database this is the second step in ASAP methodology.

Check this thread with ex.

Break Analysis

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/production/break_even.htm

Assign points if useful

-Shreya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

GAP Analysis allows you to identify the gaps between different aspects being compared.

Eg: You are on a Upgrade project of BW from 3.0 to 3.5

In the GAP Analysis, you would determine the gaps between both the systems so that your manager could take a wise decision about whether he/she wants to go with the upgrade or not. I mean, with the current version, does the requirement suffice everything. If not, should we think of upgrading it now or later.

Something like this. Hope it makes sense.

Try looking for some articles in GOOGLE about GAP Analysis. This is one among them

http://searchsmb.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid44_gci831294,00.html