cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IXOS archiving pdf forms - using preprinted paper - transaction j8af

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to archive a preprinted layout so taht when i retrieve the archived document it contains also the preprinted paper already archived (and linked to the printprogram) in Ixos.. The preprinted paper is a .fax document and has been already archived.

The funtion J_8AFM_GET_FORM is active and working but there is still something missing...

Any ideas what could be missing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don´t know if you have any experience with Adobe forms. So this can be difficult for you or mistaken by me.

go to tx SE38 and check for standard reports for Adobe forms to see and try what I propose. especially reports:

FP_PDF_ATTACHMENT_TEST and FP_PDF_TEST_16.

You can add attachment to the PDF file like you do that with emails. I propose to attach your fax to the pdf file like with email and its ettachments. When the user opens the PDF he will be able to read, save, delete files attached to it. You can do all of this running ABAP FMs.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, (sorry if this is off topic)

you can get the fax in some useful format (picture into PDF for example) and add this as an attachment to Adobe form you´re printing. Next you can archive this new form which has the original fax attached/ bundled in the PDF file.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are welcome. But not sure what do you mean... how can it be done? i mean, how can the fax be asiggn to the pdf?

Thanks