cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck load decision during Deployement Optimizer run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using Deployement Optimizer in 5.1 to decide whether I shoud ship directly to DC from Plant if there is enough truck load (say 10T) or if there is no enough truck load then i will ship to Central warehouse and then i will ship to DC.

This functianality i would like to achieve during deployement so that my TLB will be correct and low cost.

Can you please share your experience/thoughts how i can achive this requirement?

Vipul Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanidng, it can be done only in TM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

When it is deploying it check from where the demand has come.

If demand came from DC then it cannot deploy to Warehouse.

I am not sure but Try as follow.

1. Maintain low cost from DC to Plant and maintain product specific means of transport with the lotsize profile and rounding value say 10T.

2. Run descrete deployement optinizer. Flag descretization in the MOT.

3. Maintain high cost from Plant to Central warehouse and maintain product specific means of transport with the lotsize profile (minimum and maximum lotsize) don't maitain rounding value.

Try maintaining different variations of cost.

4. SNP global settings Deployment lotsize profile select from Transportation lane.

Please let me know whether it works or not.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

Thanks for these inputs.

It works well with One product but doesn't work as expected with group of products.

As I said, if the load for let's say 5 products is 10T, then the dispatch will direct else via warehouse.

Any though on this? Nowhere i define the total load for this lane.

Regards,

Vipul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

In deployment you cannot use product mix.

TLB consider product mix. In OLTP settings select create purchase requisition for deployment.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

Indeed the lot size profile is always by product, so in your case will not help.

However you should be able to define the right behaviour with cost function, define on the lane at MOT level.

However you might fund that your scenario is quite complex to implement.

you first need to answer the question: if I don't have enough for a full truck, should I group demand from other days? If yes how to make this decision?

Generaly you weight the transport cost with the safety stock (e.g I allow to wait one day as long as my safety stock is not below 80%). But to do that you need to implement a so call "stepwise function" for safety stock; which cna only be done by contacting SAP optimiser team...

Even if you don't want to use this stepwise, you will need somehow to balance your transport cost with your storage and safety cost...

Enjoy!

Thanks and Regards

Julien