cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3- Downloading ruleset from DEV RAR and uploading to PRD RAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am currently looking to implement RAR version 5.3 SP9. I will have a 2 tier landscape with a DEV and PRD GRC instance. We may not have the ruleset fully customised before we build PRD GRC. So after both RAR environments are built I may need to change the ruleset in DEV and then upload the changes to PRD. Is this possible in 5.3. Can I easily download the ruleset from DEV and import to PRD as many times as I want? Or do I need to delete the PRD ruleset each time and recreate it?

Thanks,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

You should be able to export and import using the utilities functionality.

You may find it easier to delete the PRD one and upload the new one as a clean ruleset to prevent from data corruption.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gary,

It is starightforward to move rulsets around AC 5.3. You don't have to delete the PRD ruleset. If the ruleset name in Dev and PRD RAR is same, when you upload the ruleset in PRD, it deletes the ruleset and overwrites it with the new one.

Alpesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Regarding this topic, do you know if the new GRC versions or new SP will update this functionality to be able to use a transport system similar to STMS?

Thanks!

Josu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Josu,

As far as I know, the Java version (5.X) of the Access Control will not support STMS. The ABAP version (6.X) should support TMS but don't quote me on that.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both for your help.

Gary