Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBL5N - Logical databases - Dyanamic selection screen fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to insert "Profit center" from BSEG table of Logical database DDF into the dynamic selection screen of FBL5N.

Procedure I followed:

Program -> Attributes -> Logical database -> Extras -> Selection views.

Interestingly when I add "Profit center" from BSID table instead of BSEG, it appears on dynamic selection screen. But this is not working for BSEG. I have no clue why this is so? If someone can help me in this regard, that would be great.

P.S: I can not insert Profit center from BSID table as BSEG contains profit center values and BSID is not storing the same info.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answer is BESG is a cluster table ..!!!

Checkout other table has PRCTR

BSAD

BSAK

BSAS

BSID

BSIK

BSIS

Thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a little surprised that BSID has different data than BSEG. As far as I know, they should have the same data for fields that are included in both tables. Could you give an example of where they're different?

Rob

0 Kudos

Rob,

Below is the BSEG contents:

Company code Document Number Customer Profit Center

1000 1800001111 0000100006

1000 1800001111 0000000401

BSID contents:

Company code Customer Document Number Profit Center

1000 0000100006 1800001111

As BSID stores customer info, I believe only line item that has customer info is stored here.

I guess, that is the reason.

I will try the option told by prev post. Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks,

Phani

0 Kudos

I think,I did not copy properly the table contents. 2nd record of BSEG has no customer and 1st record has no profit center.

0 Kudos

I meant that I'd like to see an entry in BSEG that has a profit center and the corresponding entry in BSID (same company code, document number, fiscal year and line item number).

Rob

0 Kudos

Yes Rob.... the entry in BSEG that has profit center has no customer value stored and hence no corresponding entry in BSID.

0 Kudos

So, if you try to get the profit center from BSEG, it won't be there either. It will likely be on one or more of the offsetting entries and therefore not available to the logical database and therefore this program.

Rob