Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise invoice wrongly cancelled

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have wrongly cancelled an Excise invoice number in J1IIN. Is there any possibility to retrieve the excise invoice number.

Thanks in advance

Sivarajesh. J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
to retrieve the excise invoice number

If your issue is retaining the same excise invoice number, then yes it is possible. On the other hand, if your issue to retrieve the data from canceled excise invoice, then the answer is no.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathy,

What are all steps involved to retain the number. Can I post the excise invoice again for the same excise invoice number.

THanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can retain the excise invoice number for the newly created one also. Go to SNUM, key in your series group and execute. There you would note on the right side the last excise invoice number generated. You have to change one number less to the one you require. For example, if you want the number to populate as 0000100 and in the screen, if you note 0000101, you need to maintain 0000099.

But this will have one drawback. If you execute, J1I7, it will show both the cancelled one and the newly generated one with the same excise invoice number which leads to confusion to excise people.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no chance that you can retrieve the same number once it gets cancelled.

However, if you still want to change the status (from Cancelled to Completed) of that Excise Invoice Number then ask your ABAPer to do that. But that is totally not an Industry Practice and non suggestable. As the respective Cancelled Entry has been generated.

Regards,

Vishal

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think,

you can retrieve the exice invoice which is cancelled wrongly. Once you cancel the exicse Invoice. Excise invoice status gets updated & accounts will be posted accordingly.