cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.10p15 weird problem on FB70

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We upgraded SAP GUI 7.10 to patch level 15 from patch level 14 using the install server on our Windows XP machines. A weird problem seems to appear since then on FB70. You press once or twice the ENTER key, without filling any field on the screen and the GUI stays on a busy state forever (trying to constantly redraw the screen as to show an error message on missing account number). It results to 100% CPU usage on the client (Windows XP machines, tried on Windows 7 also with same result) and seems to also stress the SAP system a bit. The only way to stop that behavior is to use the Windows task manager and kill the busy window. I have not seen this behavior before and can't reproduce it in any other transaction until now.

I got access on a machine that was still on patch level 14 and works just fine. I did the upgrade and the same behaviour (busy, 100% CPU) instantly appears. Oddly enough, this behavior does not occur if I run FB70 throught the debugger (/h) in any case.

Have you seen something like this or do you have any clue why that weird behavior might appear?

Thank you very much in advance for any insight

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Artemios,

Yes, this seems to be a know issue with Patch 15. Please open a ticket on BC-FES-GUI to get a fix for that or wait until Patch 16 is released.

Kind regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Martin,

I have the same issue when I installed SAP GUI 7.1 patch 15, did you guys find a solution for this issue?

regards,

Fahad

Answers (0)