cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Hearder to be craeted at Top WBS only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please guide me in creating proj structure, as I am new to SAP PS.

My requirment is I want to create project structure like there will be only one WBS at level 1 (L1), and under this will have various WBS at level 1(L2). Now under each L2 level WBS i need to create activities. But the prob is the movement I create activity the system create Network Header on its own in background.

Already in OPSA i have set (Network asst : 1 For project definition)

My proj structure is required as follows :-

PD :- Office Building (Project definition)

L1 :- Office Building (WBS L1)

NW:- Office Building (Single network at L1 WBS)

L2 :- Civil Work (WBS L2)

L2 :- Mechanical work (WBS L2)

L3 :- Electrical Work (WBS L3)

Please guide me in this regards do I need to do any confic settings or Validation????

Any inputs in these regards will be highly appreciable.

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got your question.

You want network header to be assigned to top WBS only , when you create activity for lower WBS

You can try substitution rule stating that wbs element in the assignment filed of network header should replace the id of project defination assuming the project defination and top wbs ids are same

shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly you got my requirment, Can you please guide me for the steps to be maintained in subtitution (OPSN).

Thankyou very much in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually in any scenerio it is not needed but i m not aware why do you want such a finctionality.

What you will achive by doing this?

I m not much aware regarding maintaining substitution rule . Sorry for it

shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually my user is not intrested in multiple network in a proj, So i thought we will create only one NW at top WBS level ony. So in the proj all the activites will be referenced to the single network & respetive WBS to which they r assigned.

But I am not able to have control in creating NW at L2 level WBS even though I have set the indicator for (Network asst 1 For project definition) in OPSA.

So though can we have any Validation or any confic setting???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What type of network you are using

header assigned or activity assigned?

Waht will be use if u assign a nerwork header to top wbs or lower wbs?

What is the differance in functionality you are facing that you are interested to assign your network to top wbs only?

any way cost and dates are going to roll up .

shashank

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the only way you achieve this

set in OPSA 2 for WBS and not for PD - network header

then for all lower level WBS set a user status not to disallow (or forbid ) structure change

this way the network header and activity will be only be for top WBS

the lower WBS will not allow adding any further structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using this ststus system gives warning/ dissallow while deleting the structure (wbs/activity)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think it is not necessary and any way if you want this yoy go gor substistution for network header

shashank

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you had set t (Network asst : 1 For project definition) in OPSA then it would create one network header only. I think you might have changed that settings in OPSA after you had created project. If that is the case, try creating new project and see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The indicator is set to 1 Project definition have cross checked. I have created proj also in tht i have craeted PD, L1 WBS & L2 WBS.

At L1 WBS i have created network and saved. But now if I create netwrok at L2 level WBS system does not stop me, 2nd netwrok is created which Don't want.????

I want only one network at Top WBS only.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

network header will be created in the back ground

basically you cannot have a network activity without a header

based on your setting the behaviour is correct, i would not change it

I suggest you read sap help and then come to this forum for specific issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra,

Let me explain u in detail, Ya very correct as said by you activity are alway header assigned. My requirment is I will create only one network at TOP WBS (L1) and for rest L2 level WBS i will create activities were system should not create another network header at tht level.

Please refer the following Proj Structure :-

PD :- Office Building (Project definition)

L1 :- Office Building (WBS L1)

NW:- Office Building (Single network at L1 WBS)

L2 :- Civil Work (WBS L2)

Activity 1

Activity 2

L2 :- Mechanical work (WBS L2)

Activity 3

Activity 4

L3 :- Electrical Work (WBS L3)

Activity 5

Activity 6

Is there any way were I can have control on creating Network at Top WBS only or

any validation were system will check the assignment of NW & WBS, if the BWS is L1 level system will save it or will issue error message????

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the OPSA setting 1 means network for project defintion

this means that if you have single root ticked in the project profile then you will have only one network header for the project

do not understand why any validation is needed

if you want a network header to be created for each WBS then in OPSA choose 2, this would eb a nightmare for scheduling - that is why I said I would not change your setting

in the network parameter you should ensure that the network type for plant is activity assigned network type

this will mean that you can assign a network activity to any WSB in the project structure usually the lowest level

the structure you have mentioned is standard