cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Materials Replicated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We have a situation where we are using a client copy of SRM Development instance as the sandbox. The requirement is to connect this client copy to the R/3 Development client copy (Sandbox)

Problem:

The Master data existing in the SRM development and the client copy is from R/3 Development. However, the SRM sandbox (client copy of SRM Dev) needs to connect to R/3 Sandbox (Client Copy R/3), this requires configuration changes pointing the entire SRM sandbox to R/3 Client copy.

I completed the required configuration and the system throws a dump when i try to create a shopping cart. I then tried to replicate materials from R/3 Sandbox (client copy of R/3 Dev) to SRM Sandbox and encountered this error in the process <b>"Logical system for GUID changed" raised.</b>I believe this error pops up due to SRM client copy master data containing Product ID GUIDs associated to R/3 Development system and not the R/3 Sandbox. The materials currently in the SRM sanbox are associated to R/3 Development logical system and a new replication is not possible.

I was thinking of deleting all materials in SRM and doing a fresh replication from R/3 Sandbox so that the system reamains synchronous.

Please give me suggestions on what can be done or how we can delete existing materials in our sandbox.

Thanks

Sundeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

if you made client copies in parallel (SRM + R/3), and aligned the 2 clients with BDLS, your master data should be correct.

The error message you got is coming from the middleware controls and System GUIDs (each system is assigned a GUID that is sent in the extraction messages and compared with actual value).

To correct it, empty the content of table CRMMLSGUID via SE14.

See my reply in this thread:

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe:

That advice definitely solved my problem. I was able to replicate Master data from the R/3 sandbox by deleting database table CRMMLSGUID.

Thanks !!!

The other problem i am facing is, i have made all the configuration to point to the SRM client copy to the R/3 Client copy but for some reason, even now a screation of shopping cart throws a short dump

Error analysis

An exception occurred. This exception is dealt with in more detail below

. The exception, which is assinged to the class 'CX_BBP_PD_ABORT', was not

caught,

which led to a runtime error.

The reason for this exception is:

Übernehmen

How to correct the error

You may able to find an interim solution to the problem

in the SAP note system. If you have access to the note system yourself,

use the following search criteria:

-

-

"UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION" CX_BBP_PD_ABORTC

"SAPLBBP_PDH" or "LBBP_PDHU08"

"BBP_PD_ABORT"

-

-

What do u think is that i am missing out to point the SRM sandbox (client copy) to R/3 Sandbox (Client Copy).

BDLS needs to be performed on the sandbox and it was done so ......

The other configuration changes are:

Distribution model

Define Backend systems

Define Backend systems per product category

Org Structure Attributes

Is there anything else i need to do to avoid the dump?? If i point the SRM sandbox to R/3 Development, it doenot throw any dump !!!

I have assigned you full points !

Please help !!

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Christophe:

I understand this is an error related to IPC. since you are aware of our sandbox and development systems landscape, can you suggest on what we could do to avoid these sporadic terminations.

Thanks

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep

Have you done a client copy.

Then we need to delete all the materials by -

-Maintain entries in table for userid COMC_PR_TOOL_REG

-Run program for deleting the single materials COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_SINGLE

-Run program for deleting the all materials

COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_ALL

AS every where in the new client system stores the Logical System name and after deleting we need to run R3as again for all customising, Material objects etc.

Assuming you have all ready match tables

CRMMLSGUID in SRM and CRMPRLS in R3.

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nimish:

Thanks a Miliion for your reply:

Can you elaborate on "Maintain entries in table for userid COMC_PR_TOOL_REG" and Assuming you have all ready match tables "CRMMLSGUID in SRM and in R3".

Do you know why i have been experiencing that dump?

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Just go to the table transaction se16 and add a new entry (assuming you have the authorization to do so) - this is just a check in the badi to make sure you are "registered." Also this registration process includes a date - if you run this report delete_all at a later date you will have to update the table comc_pr_tool_reg.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sundeep

WE have to register the program and exeute on the same date and with the same user id.

If you miss that date you again have to resigter in SM30 or se16.

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep

Was the problem solved Actually Client copy is a majr problem with SRM as the logical system name is stored at all tables in the system.

Any way we are waiting a concetre solution from SAP itself for such situations.

I will keep you updated.

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Do reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nimish:

I was able to replicate materials from R/3 Sandbox (Client Copy) to SRM Sandbox (Client Copy) by deleting data from DB table CRMMLSGUID in SE14.

The problem i am facing now is mentioned above in this thread. I constantly receive a dump (given in detail above) when i click add to shopping cart.

I am under the impression that this is due to IPC but not sure. I need to investigate on that. I will let you guys know once the problem is solved !!!

Nimish: Hopefully SAP comes with a concrete solution soon as mentioned by you !!!

Thanks

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep

Just check in the new copied client all the cudtomsing settings as settings such as Define backend product Categories etc where we have to give the Logical system name Still remains the same of the previous client we need to change the logical system name every where in the customisation after the client is copied.

Check also define objects for backend systems,

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nimish:

Problem completely solved. The short dumps were due to improper logical system assignment in the function tab of the org structure.

I fixed that and everything works fine. Thanks for your effort. I have assigned you full points.

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

aren't those LS processed by the report RHOMATTRIBUTES_REPLACE (I have a doubt for attributes out of info type 1222) ?

Rgds

Christophe

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Good question : how do we replace attributes from function and responsability tabs ?

I checked program RHOMATTRIBUTES_REPLACE but did not see any entries for that...

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann/Christophe:

I tried replcing attributes such as COCODE, PURCH_ORG amd PURCH_GRP through RHOMATTRIBUTES_REPLACE but when i do so, it says scenario BBP not allowed for those attributes. Hence i changed them manually.

Concerning infotype 1222 i am not really sure. PLease throw some light on that.

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

The issue was resolved in the SRM system but now another new error pops up when integrated with CCM. \

Christophe/All

I performed the replication and deletion as suggested by you in the SRM Sandbox and the system works fine when you create an SRM non Catalog shopping cart.

Problem: The error pops up when we add a catalog item from CCM "Incomplete items in catalog. Only complete items were transferred "

When i check in SLG1, i see the error as product and description missing. Is there any relevance to the newly completed replication and the present error??

Can you provide some suggestions on how we can fix this error ??

Thanks

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Please check your OCI mapping in CCM.

Thanks,

Jay

Answers (0)