Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Deleting Materials Replicated?

Hi All:

We have a situation where we are using a client copy of SRM Development instance as the sandbox. The requirement is to connect this client copy to the R/3 Development client copy (Sandbox)

Problem:

The Master data existing in the SRM development and the client copy is from R/3 Development. However, the SRM sandbox (client copy of SRM Dev) needs to connect to R/3 Sandbox (Client Copy R/3), this requires configuration changes pointing the entire SRM sandbox to R/3 Client copy.

I completed the required configuration and the system throws a dump when i try to create a shopping cart. I then tried to replicate materials from R/3 Sandbox (client copy of R/3 Dev) to SRM Sandbox and encountered this error in the process <b>"Logical system for GUID changed" raised.</b>I believe this error pops up due to SRM client copy master data containing Product ID GUIDs associated to R/3 Development system and not the R/3 Sandbox. The materials currently in the SRM sanbox are associated to R/3 Development logical system and a new replication is not possible.

I was thinking of deleting all materials in SRM and doing a fresh replication from R/3 Sandbox so that the system reamains synchronous.

Please give me suggestions on what can be done or how we can delete existing materials in our sandbox.

Thanks

Sundeep

replied

Hi Sundeep

Just check in the new copied client all the cudtomsing settings as settings such as Define backend product Categories etc where we have to give the Logical system name Still remains the same of the previous client we need to change the logical system name every where in the customisation after the client is copied.

Check also define objects for backend systems,

regards,

Nimish Sheth

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question