Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization missing for tcode ME22N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an issue of authorization missing for tcode ME22N.

The user was able to go to display/change purchase order from tcode vl10b (indirect cll of tcode me22n from tcode vl10b) without the assignment of tcode me22n.after support package application the user missed with the authorization and is not able to do the activity.

The su53 report says missing authorization for me22n but he was doing the same activity before without me22n.I want to know how the indirect call transction works and how can we enable it.

Any hints will help.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

These "Enjoy" transactions have a very strict tcode check in them. You can try to maintain the CALL TRANSACTION relationship in SE97 such that ME22N trusts VL10B and you might even be able to access the first screen, but you won't be able to actually use it.

The difference is because previously the system assumed that if you are in ME22N then you must have been authorized for it, so did not check it's own tcode for authorization again. Now, the system assumes that being in ME22N is no reason to believe that you must have been authorized to get there, so it checks it's own tcode for authorization again.

This means that you cannot create variant transactions for them either... at least not without making it known that they can in fact access the core transaction, which was the problem.

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Please check with SAP about the patch you have installed. Even we faced same type of issue after installing some patch, not able to recollate the same.

Raise a message with SAP.

Cheers

Deepanshu

0 Kudos

look in OSS there are a lot of authorisation issues with follow on transactions in MM. This one might have been coorected in this suuport package.

Actually no follow on transaction should be called without the real transaction being called so it was an eror.

Former Member
0 Kudos

These "Enjoy" transactions have a very strict tcode check in them. You can try to maintain the CALL TRANSACTION relationship in SE97 such that ME22N trusts VL10B and you might even be able to access the first screen, but you won't be able to actually use it.

The difference is because previously the system assumed that if you are in ME22N then you must have been authorized for it, so did not check it's own tcode for authorization again. Now, the system assumes that being in ME22N is no reason to believe that you must have been authorized to get there, so it checks it's own tcode for authorization again.

This means that you cannot create variant transactions for them either... at least not without making it known that they can in fact access the core transaction, which was the problem.

Cheers,

Julius