Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QIP : material assignment button at header level

former_member222064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Since QM is not my main module : can someone explain to me what the "material assignment" button is for in a quality inspection plan (at header level)?

Thanks in advance

P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"material assignment" : consider a scenario where there is two vendors for a particular material & your requirement is to check material of different vendor with different specification.

Then in that case you can specify the Material ,plant & Vendor in "Material assignment " field.

Say you have maintained vendor "X" in the task list & Vendor " Y" in other group counter for same material with differnt cherectiristics in it.

So when inspection lot with vendor X will create ,system will automatically assign the task list with Vendor X in Material specification.

same with vendor Y.

If you do not maintain anything against material here ,irrespective of vendor same task list will attach to all vendors.

Also Customer specific task list same as that of Vendor can be assigned through Material assignment

I hope this will add some value.

Regards

Sujit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

material assignment

simple defination

there is 1 inspection plan which is same for 100 materials (for example) then in spite of maintaining 100 separate inspection plan it is easy to assign 1 inspection plan to 100 materials.

when u click on material assigment 1 screen appears where u can enter all these materials.

then this inspection plan will get attached to all that material automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inspection Plan in QM Module is used to inform system following details:

1. What are the materials it is applicable?

2. What is the Inspection Procedure?

3. What are the various tests to be conducted?

4. How much of Sample is required for each of the tests?

Hence, the "Material Assignment" available in the Header Screen is used to assign similar Materials for which the inspection plan would be applicable to.

Also there you can find fields for Customer and Vendor, so you can also define Customer or Vendor specific Inspection Specifications through this Tab.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak