cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on standard datasource, its based on QMEL Table. I have to add 4 (which are not part of standard datasource) fields to my extract structure, but those 4 fields are coming from the same table QMEL. Is there anyway that i can add those fields directly into the extract structure (is there anyway i can populate data for those fields without writing code in CMOD). By doing so those 4 fields will respond to delta.

Writing the code is other option to populate data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kunal

You need to add to the append structure even though they are coming from the same table because they are not in the standard Extractor. After adding in to the Append structure you need to populate using User Exit.

Hope this Helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this before.

If append structure field name is kept same as the table field name,then extractor will pick up the values for that appended field,even though no user exit has been written.

Ex.field is BUDAT.Keep append structure field name as just 'BUDAT',not as 'ZZBUDAT' or 'ZZ_BUDAT'.

<b>Doing this isnt recommended by SAP though.</b>

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

NO there is no other way.

You need to write a User Exit.

The delta will stay the same it will access the UE every time this DS is running (FULL/Delat etc).

Reg's

Edan