Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSD funtionality in ECC 6.0 without activation of EA-CP & EA-SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Request you to update me with the below mentioned details about SAP DSD / MDSD

1) Can we get the SAP Direct Store Delivery & Empties functionalities along with Standard ECC 6.0 without activating EA-CP(consumer prodcuts) & EA-SCM(SCM Extension) or we need to activate the Enterprise Extension EA-SCM only?

2) I am currently working at a client(manufacturing & distributing of FMCG products), who requires all the features that are available with DSD within ECC 6.0 and wants to use the handheld mobile devices in all their distribution routes for the tour planning, delivery processing, invoice printing, next day order entry for their regular distribution process. As per SAP Help, I came to know that for the integration of backend DSD(ECC) with MDSD, a mobile engine is required, which has to be installed on a separate server. Now, will the Mobile engine is part of ECC 6.0 / NW or we need to get the same separately along with DSD license and any idea about license issues viz. for each Handheld device we need to take separte license apart from the regular dialog user licenses and the license costs etc.

Thanks in advance

regargs

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

...Can we get the SAP Direct Store Delivery & Empties functionalities along with Standard ECC 6.0 without activating EA-CP(consumer prodcuts) & EA-SCM(SCM Extension) or we need to activate the Enterprise Extension EA-SCM only

I am not sure about ECC 6.0, but it should work pretty much the same as ECC 5.0.

For ECC 5.0 EA-CP clearly had to be activated for Empties management.

For ECC 5.0 EA-SCM is needed for DSD. I was not sure about it because I remembered having seen a system with DSD without the switch activated. Must be confused because release notes clearly indicate EA-SCM activation is needed.

Also for ECC 5.00, industry-specific sales enhancements EA-ISSE component has to be activated for extended rebate processing.

My opinion is that for a FMCG / Beverage implementation, it is best practice to activate all 3 components.

... I am currently working at a client(manufacturing & distributing of FMCG products), who ... wants to use the handheld mobile devices in all their distribution routes ...  I came to know that for the integration of backend DSD(ECC) with MDSD, a mobile engine is required, which has to be installed on a separate server. Now, will the Mobile engine is part of ECC 6.0 / NW or we need to get the same separately along with DSD license and any idea about license issues viz. for each Handheld device we need to take separate license apart from the regular dialog user licenses and the license costs etc.

IMHO there is no thing as a DSD license for the back-end. LE-DSD is a standard function of the SAP ERP and does not need additional licensing (it did before when it was the IS-BEV industry solution).

For the DSD mobile engine (separate middleware) and the mobile devices, you will need additional licensing. Your SAP representative will happily inform you of the pricing & maintenance costs.

You will also need to take in account the additional cost for 2 servers (one PRD mobile middleware instance + one DEV mobile middleware and maybe one TST instance) & Mobile Java PDAs.

Nobody said anyway that you have to go-live with all drivers / presellers using the mobile DSD solution.

You can mix paper-based (DSD entry & cockpit.) and mobile process, but of course the mobile process is more efficient.

Best Regards,

Franck