Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario like,

File >XI>Mail.

The Targer file is an MS-Excel file,which has to be sent in MS-Excel format through Mail adapter.

We have a adapter module to convert the File into MS-Excel format.

The Scenario is working fine,when i am just creating a MS-Excel file in destination in some location using File adapter.

Now i am reusing the same Adapter module in Mail adapter,to convert the file to MS-Excel format...

I am using following configuration in Mail adapter,

Transport Protocol: SMTP

Message Protocol: XIALL

Remaining things taken care..

In Module tab i am giving

localejbs/XMLToExcelConversion Local Enterprise Bean 0 (Converts xml to MS-Excel file)

localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean Local Enterprise Bean 1

sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app/XIMailAdapterBean Local Enterprise Bean 2

Module configutration

1 Transform.ContentType application/vnd.ms-excel

But now i am getting the mail in Receiver Mail ID but the attachment is not coming properly

i am getting

Outlook Web Access has blocked access to attachments. Blocked attachments: Untitled.xml.

Can anyone please give me suggestion for this problem...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Outlook Web Access has blocked access to attachments. Blocked attachments: Untitled.xml.

means, excel conversion hasn't happent. only .xml file is generated and your webclient has removed it..

check the log in the CC monitoring for the module execution status..

alternately you can also try this to generate excel attachement

<a href="/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/08/email-report-as-attachment-excelword Report as Attachment (Excel/Word)</a>

~SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I am not using any XSLT Mapping for the conversion of File to EXCEL file.

I am sending the whole file as XML structure to adapter.

In adapter i have written a Generic adapter module which will convert XML to Excel file.

So in MAIL adapter i am passing the XML first to XMLtoExcelBean and then to Mail adapter.

I think the problem lies in ,naming of the file name to .xls or content type..

Any suggestions more..

Thanks & Regards,

Babu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Outlook Web Access has blocked access to attachments. Blocked attachments: Untitled.xml

Normally when such a thing happens in the email that you receive, it can be due to the Security Policies of the organization.....just try sending any file through mail to the email-id (try the same file Untitled.xml)....you will again get the same message.....and now if it happens you need to contact the network managing team and ask them not to block xml files.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default the PI creates the output as a .xml file. So u need to suppress this by overriding the attachment name and its content.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello..

Problem is

>>Outlook Web Access has blocked access to attachments. Blocked attachments: Untitled.xml.

Try to use contentDisposition with Message transformation Bean and give value like

>>attachment;filename ="Myexcel.xls"

and test

Regards

Suraj