cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the data through XI which is already send to receiver SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Its a production issue.Mapping was implemented to stop the telephone no. coming from sender and send a constant value to receiver SRM.

This mapping was not working in production and telephone no. had passed to SRM.

Is there a way to update telephone number in SRM system by implementing mapping in XI or by creating a new interface.

Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

>>Mapping was implemented to stop the telephone no. coming from sender and send a constant value to receiver SRM.

First try to find out the reason for this.. so that in future you can avoid the occurrence of this problem.

>>Is there a way to update telephone number in SRM system by implementing mapping in XI or by creating a new interface.

Try to find out which table in SRM have this data, and manually edit it. No need to create a new interface for this in XI

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs !!!

I have alrday found the reason why the mappng was not working and corrected it. Now it's working fine.

SRM guys wants to correct the data already sent by XI. They dont want to manually make any changes in their system.

They want XI to correct the old data.

Is it possible?

Regards,

Suresh.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Your interface is designed to insert records to tables. And I dont think it can be used to update the already inserted record.. So try convincing client that this have to be done manually and is a one time activity.

Else try to convince them to update the record using an ABAP program.

Can you tell me how are you communicating with SRM system?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suraj,

Thanks for your valuable inputs !!!

XI is communicating with SRM system, just like nomal SAP system.

It's through IDOCS only.

In XI RFC destination, port is defined for SRM and in SRM partner profile is defined.

As you said the data in SRM can be updated using report. Can you tell me in technical way to explain the ABAP'er to create that report to correct the data in SRM.

Thanks in advance !!!

Regards,

Suresh.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

>>In XI RFC destination, port is defined for SRM and in SRM partner profile is defined

1. You need to know where to update this field ie which table and which field need to be modified..

2. You need to write a report to do the same.

I will suggest to get that zprogram created in dev and later transported to prod. For getting the table and field name provided with the process code in partner profile will be helpful

Regards

Suraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain what you require. I didn't understand your below setense.

Is there a way to update telephone number in SRM system by implementing mapping in XI or by creating a new interface.

thanks,

Subbu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest that you revisit the mapping program....and find why it is not working in production (was it working in Dev, Qual?)

creating a new mapping/ interface will not be a good approach.