Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate profile batchly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any way to generate roles' profile batchly?

THanks a lot!

shaoming

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use program "sapprofc_new" - e.g. with the "auto" variant or build your own selection variant, or use transaction SUPC - it call the same program....

On the other hand, I am not sure what you'd like to acheive. Normally, one would like to ensure User Profiles are Compared - not rebuilt - using report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDECY. Not sure why you would like an automatic role rebuild... especially in a PRD environment.

Please note that usually - I believe this is an option when you install the system - all recent SAP installation (4.6C from a certain patch level, defo 4.7 and above) do not actually require user comparison to be performed. You still can user compare, but it is not required. As stated before, this is an option that can be selected upon the first PFCG use.

HTH,

Stefan

Edited by: sbarsanescu on Nov 13, 2009 8:27 AM

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use program "sapprofc_new" - e.g. with the "auto" variant or build your own selection variant, or use transaction SUPC - it call the same program....

On the other hand, I am not sure what you'd like to acheive. Normally, one would like to ensure User Profiles are Compared - not rebuilt - using report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDECY. Not sure why you would like an automatic role rebuild... especially in a PRD environment.

Please note that usually - I believe this is an option when you install the system - all recent SAP installation (4.6C from a certain patch level, defo 4.7 and above) do not actually require user comparison to be performed. You still can user compare, but it is not required. As stated before, this is an option that can be selected upon the first PFCG use.

HTH,

Stefan

Edited by: sbarsanescu on Nov 13, 2009 8:27 AM

0 Kudos

1. Goto PFCG Transaction.

2. Click Manu Utilities -> Mass Generation.

3. Mass Generation of Profiles selection Screen will be Display.

4. Enter Mass Role and Choose Generate all Profiles to be generated