cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC adapter - no UPDATE to database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the scenario ABAP Proxy to XI to JDBC to read some data from a database and return some info back to BW. Is it mandatory to UPDATE the selected records in some way or can the UPDATE part of the adapter be disabled by putting something in the UPDATE parameter on the comm channel ?

Cheers

Colin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

if you are talking about a sender JDBC adapter: you can put <TEST> in the update statement.

See this snippet from the help:

<i>Update SQL Statement

You have the following options:

Enter a valid SQL statement that is to be applied to the database once the data (determined from the Query SQL Statement) has been successfully sent to the Integration Server/PCK.

It must be an INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE statement.

In place of the SQL statement, you can also enter <TEST>. Once the data determined from Query SQL Statement has been successfully sent, the data in the database remains unaltered.

This is recommended if the data has not only been read, but also changed by a stored procedure entered under Query SQL Statement.</i>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

If you want to synchronously call a receiver JDBC adapter, i think you can use action=SELECT without an update.

Regards

Christine

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

In this scenario using JAVA LookUp API to lookup data in mapping is a very good option.

With the Java LookUp API, first create a string to store the select statement, then create a DataBaseAccessor, use the Accessor to read from DB. After the call, a result set will be returned.

The negative side of LookUp API is that it will only provide data for one target field.

Thanks

Luis

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

<i>I have the scenario ABAP Proxy to XI to JDBC to read some data from a database and return some info back to BW.</i>

you can configure your receiver JDBC adapter to SELECT rows from the database. Just check this link for the format of your Datatype,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you useing JDBC Adapter you need to used resultset key word Here in your senario you useing abab Proxy so send is Ababp and reaciver is JDBC..you need to design in Resulset Key word and New Field in Jdbc data types.

Hope these helps you.

Regd's

hari