cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification regarding Cancellation of Invoice and subsequent Accntng docs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need a clarification regarding Cancellation of Invoice and subsequent Accounting document cancellation.

As I understand after creating an Invoice when the Accounting document is created, than there are G/L Account

postings. The Accounting document status is 'Cleared' or 'Not Cleared' depending on FI people updating the

Incoming payments from the Customer. If we cancel the Invoice than there is a New Accounting document for the

Cancelled Invoice with the G/L Account postings getting reversed to the Initial Accounting document.

I want to understand the standard Industrial practice. Is below the correct procedure.

If the initial Accounting document status is 'Not Cleared' and afterwards the Invoice is cancelled the subsequent

Accounting document status is also 'Not Cleared', so One need not do anything for Accounting documents. But if the

initial Accounting document status is 'Cleared' and afterwards the Invoice is cancelled the subsequent Accounting

document status is 'Not Cleared'. In this case the FI people needs to clear the Customer line items. Am I correct.

If not can someone throw the correct procedure followed. What is the Transaction followed for clearing the

Accounting document for the above cases.

Regards,

SNK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To reverse the cleared document you need to follow the below steps

1. Go to FBRA and give your clearing document number. Select - Clearing - Reset Cleared Items

System will reverse the cleared document.

1. Go to VF02 give the relevant billing document number and select Billing document - cancel.

This will cancel the billing document and reverse the previous accounting document.

For Non-cleared documents just cancel the billing document in VF02.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay and Kumar,

Thanks for the replies. I tried reversing a cleared Accounting document using FBRA. I get the below error.

Document XXXXXXXX 1000 2009 is not a clearing document

Message no. F0604

The clearing document is a reversal that cannot be posted with FB08

Message no. F5A428

Diagnosis

The reversal document was posted via the accounting interface. This

automatically cleared the document to be reversed and the reversal

document in FI. When a clearing is reset, the system also resets the

reversal information in FI. However, the reversal information is

retained in the source document of the sending application.

You do this in Customizing as follows: Cross-Application Components ->

Bank Directory -> Change Message Control.

The application area and message number can be taken from the technical

documentation.

Using Transaction - FB08, I get the below message

Document includes already cleared items - reversal not possible

Regards,

SNK.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Message no. F0604

Check note 1272367

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

SNK.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SNK,

Idealy an invoice for which accounting document is cleared shall not be reversed as the entry was a geniune onc against which material was suppiled and payment received.

However in case of exceptional circumstances where a wrongly created invoice has bee cleared against an payment and invoice reversed lateon.The user should need to run Tcode FBRA to reverse the clearing document so that status of both original and reversed documents become same.

The ideal industry practice is to have only non cleared open items in customer ledger so that both the party (Company & Customer)can understand and their respective liablities.

Regards

Sanjay