cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Patch Level Required to install Netweaver 7.0 and Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are currently on ECC6.0 and I need to know what the minimum Patch Level needs to be to install Netwever 7.0 and Portal.

Thank you,

Ahhsap

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your quick response. This information is very helpful. I know when we did our ECC 6 upgrade we did not do the java stack. Is this something that also needs to be done?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether java stack exists on your ECC system or not ? Go to profile directory and check whether SCS profile exists or not ? If not, then it means there is no java stack.

If you want to install separate netweaver and portal then make sure that if ECC system is without EHP4 then install Netweaver SR3 as said earlier. If ECC is with EHP4 system then install Netweaver with EHP1.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Sunny suggested, check if you have an existing portal instance.

If not:

Like I mentioned earlier, if you had upgraded ECC 6 to EHP4, then you need to install a separate NW EHP1 Portal. Since both your existing EHP4 ECC system and the new EHP1 portal are based on Netweaver 7.01 release, your systems will be in a consistent release level. It is recommended to install a separate Netweaver portal instance. SAP no longer recommends dual stack (abap + java) installations.

If you do have an existing portal instance, just upgrade the portal to Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 (if ECC is in EHP4) or latest SP for Netweaver 7.0 (if ECC is =< EHP3). I believe this can be done by either SAP EHPi or JSPM.

Cheers

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your ECC 6.0 system is based on Netweaver 7.0.

You should install a separate portal instance based on NetWeaver 7.0 SR3. You can find more info on how to install the portal in Install Guides service.sap.com/instguides

You need to install a portal instance based on SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 if your ECC is based on Enhancement Pack 4 for ERP.

Cheers

Rishi