cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty payload check- ABAP proxy outbound to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have so many interfaces in PI which receives data from SAP system via ABAP proxy. And we have content based routing also in interface determination step. Now what is happening is, whenever there is no data/Record to be sent to PI, proxy sends empty message and All messages failed in receiver determination step due to no value avilaleble in the payload

I would like to know how can we avoid this failure in PI. This cannot be handled in mapping step as messages are getting s before mapping step.

They other way would be implement some XSLT logic in th existing abap proxy XSLT program. I am not sure if this can be done. Could you folks guide me how to do it?

I am looking answers for below question

1) Where exactly i can maintain the XSLT code?

2) which tcode i can use for this at SAP side?

3) Is there any other way to handle this?

Suggestions welcome!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest this option: End Message Processing Without Error in Receiver Determination

If you give dummy receiver as mentioned it may happen that the message agains fails saying No receiver found

The receiver system/ service name needs to be a real one (existing in ID)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to handle this on Abap side. Check before triggering proxy if valid data is available. This will also avoid unnecessary transactions taking place through XI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This problem can be handled in ABAP itself. For outbound proxy u call a method. Before that method just check whether the

message your sending to PI is not empty. So PI will receive message only when it is not empty.

Otherwise in receiver determination create a dummy Business service with dummy communication channel and pass data to it

when the particular payload some field is empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this way, in Receiver determination you will have one radio button called

"Continue message processing with the following Receiver" Select this and select one dummy receiver inorder to avoid the error messages in MONI

Regards