Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Script : Accesing Line item text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Need help on accessing Line Item text (REGUP-SGTXT) in case of Check printing (SAP Script). I am trying to use the table REGUP and get the data on my form check form but it does not return anything whereas the table has data. Is there something I config we need to set for this or is there some

other way out for this.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you writing some perform or just writing the variable

/:perform get_text in program z_test

/:Using

/:changing

OR

you`re just writing REGUP-SGTXT&

also see the structure REGUH (Settlement data from payment program) .

<b>REGUH-RTEXT&</b>

Find the same text their call it .

Hope this’ll give you idea!!

<b>P.S award the points.</b>

Good luck

Thanks

Saquib Khan

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

r u able to see the data in the print preview?

if not check how u defined the variables in the form that means check weather u defined the variables in between &...&

otherwise u will not get out put

Regards,

Naveen

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you writing some perform or just writing the variable

/:perform get_text in program z_test

/:Using

/:changing

OR

you`re just writing REGUP-SGTXT&

also see the structure REGUH (Settlement data from payment program) .

<b>REGUH-RTEXT&</b>

Find the same text their call it .

Hope this’ll give you idea!!

<b>P.S award the points.</b>

Good luck

Thanks

Saquib Khan

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

0 Kudos

Dear Khan / Naveen,

Thanks for your replies.

Khan,

I am using &REGUP-SGTXT&. (As standard SAP script Says)

Moreover I checked REGUH-RTEXT.

RTEXT, Data type is Dec and length is 5, SO I belive this is not right field.

Also tried to find fields in REGUH, But none seems to be right option.

Also please let me know, If I have to use peform, what should be Using fields, please advice me.

FYI : In Standard SAP Script f110_prenum_chck. there is a field &REGUP-SGTXT&. but it is not poping up. I wonder Why it is not poping up. I assume there is no errors in standrad programs.

pleased advive me. How to populate this field.

With kind Regard

Venkat

Thanking you.

0 Kudos

In which windows you’re seeing this ? (standard SAP script ) , I am unable to see this field ®UP-SGTXT&.

Well if you writing perform just pass REGUGH-KUNNR and get the SGTXT.

/:perform get_text in program Z_mine

/:using & REGUGH-KUNNR&

/:changing &Stext&

/ &STEXT&

Note
Also find out the tables by selecting data element "SGTXT".

As I just have HR system . I can not see the FI side. So in this way its difficult for me to tell you the exact link .

former_member214999
Participant
0 Kudos

May sound funny but this is what i want you to look at it

1. check to see there is a value for SGTXT in the REGUP table for your particular entry( the one you are testing. Because i've checked my system and there is no value in that field

2. When you used the field &REGUP-SGTXT& in sap script make sure that REGUP-SGTXT is available at that text element. Take the text element name and go to the print program and check to see that REGUP is availble there. If not you can write a select at that point( Debug and see if values are availble at that point)

Good luck,

Eswar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your form layout once. You should have given enough number of characters to put this text in form.

1. You check your print program or form in debug mode. Check that particular field is populated with expected value or not.

2. If value is assigned at run time (debug mode) then your form has problem. Check the given/available characters in form to print this field. You may have to increase the length OR adjust fields nearby to hold this field.

3. If this answer helps to you dont forget to award points.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

do the following, u must be having the varaible u mentioned within a text element. so goto ur program n put a breakpoint in the 'WRITE_FORM' where this text element is being called..in debugging mode, now chk the value in this varaible..if the value is present, then only it ll be displayed in the sapscript..

else goto Regup table..enter the Run date n Identification..n chk out if any text exists for this selection..

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your repies.

My problem got solved.

Actually from Standard SAP script, I could get all fields except SGTXT, I relised that should be get from BSEG table rather than REGUP table.

Thanking you. Special Thanks to Khan,

closing thread and alloting points.

Regards

Venkat

Regards

Venkat