cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which Web application server version to install

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on Ecc6.0 and planning to install ADS . I found that we need to have web application server installed for ADS to run.

Can we some one guide me which version of web application server we need to install and location to download that

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For ADS you will need a java stack.

Do you have a portal running in your system landscape.

If yes you can use the J2EE engine of your portal to setup ADS.

Using the J2EE engine of another system than the ECC system is explained in the ADS setup guide.

We also have an ECC 6.0 ABAP stack only and activated the ADS services on our portal which we use in the ECC system.

Installing the Java addin on your ECC system is also a solution.

You will have a double stack than, advantage of a double stack is that you always have to patch both ABAP and Java stack to the same level.

On the Java stack you can run the ADS services then.

Double stack (ABAP + JAVA) is still supported by SAP however not recommended.

Wim

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Double stack (ABAP + JAVA) is still supported by SAP however not recommended.

Could you please share where is it possible to find that abap+java is not recommended?

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether ABAP+JAVA is recommended or not depends on what you use it for and your requirements. In Solution Manager for example you must have both to get full use out of the functionality Solution Manager offers.

In an ERP system it may not be recommended if your hardware resources are limited and or if you don't want to add additional complexities eg to backups and restores. A heavily used ADS system could also negatively effect the performance of an ERP system if installed together with ABAP.

--

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also have an ECC 6.0 ABAP stack only and activated the ADS services on our portal which we use in the ECC system.

Can you forward me the link for installing the ADS and which version of ADS should we install on ECC6.0.

We don't have portal but planning to have portal. IF we plan to user SAP Net-weaver Application server then which version is compatible with ECC6.0 or we should go with Web application server 6.4

Is installing/configuring ADS on portal is complex ?

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See [Adobe Document Services Configuration Guide|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/37/504b8cbc2848a494facfdc09a359b1/frameset.htm].

I already explained to you which version you must use in Adobe forum.

--

Nelis