cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ITS required for R/3 4.7 WAS 6.20 and EP 6 sp15-transaction iview create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to provide one transaction on EP. The R/3 4.7 WAS 6.20 and EP 6 SP15 are there in the landscape. Do I need another ITS installation for WAS 6.20 to connect with EP 6 SP15 or I can use ITS available with EP to connect to R/3 and provide the transaction as transaction iView on EP.

Any help will be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

Thanks for your reply. When I said ITS available with EP, I actually meant WAS 6.40 only. I think my words miss guided you. I do not have stand alone ITS installed in my landscape. Let me rephrase my question.

I have,

1) R/3 4.7 with WAS 6.20

2) EP 6 SP 15 with WAS 6.40(which has abap integrated ITS)

in my landscape.

I need to provide a R/3 transaction on EP using transaction iView. In order for transaction iView to work, is it possible to use the ITS integrated with WAS 6.40 to connect with R/3?

OR

I need to have a separate ITS installation and connection will be R/3 4.7 (WAS 6.20) -> ITS (stand alone) - WAS 6.40(integrated ITS) EP.

Hope I made my question clear.

Let me your response.

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PB,

now I understand

In this case, you'll need an external ITS for your R/3 4.7, since I don't believe you can connect an internal ITS to another system.

then you would have:

R/3 4.7 -> standalone ITS -> EP

kr, achim

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PB,

what does this mean: <i> ITS available with EP </i>?

there's no ITS available <b>with</b> EP. There used to be a ITS standalone version (up to WAS6.20) and a ABAP-integrated ITS version (since WAS6.40).

if you have a standalone ITS already in your landscape, you can use it, to connect to the R/3 4.7 via the portal.

kr, achim