Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMIGR_CREATE_DDL needed for heterogenous copy R/3 Enterprise 4.7

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to perform a heterogenous system copy (R3load based) of a was 620 based R/3 Enterprise 4.7 200 system (with a 6.40 kernel). For this I will use a 640 master dvd as described in note 971646. It is unclear to me however if I need to run the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL prior to the actual migration. The 620 system copy guide does not mention this. However, the 640 copy guide mentions that it is mandatory to run it.

I have ran it on the source system and there are some <TABART>.SQL files created. However, it is unclear if I should use them.

Please note that there is no BW installed in the system.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Regards,

Bart.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Performed some test migrations and decided not to run SMIGR_CREATE_DDL.

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your answers.

I had a further look at the generated <TABART>.SQL files. It looks as if only SAP standard objects SQL are being created: APPL0.SQL; APPL1.SQL; APPL2.SQL; SDIC.SQL; SDOCU.SQL; SLOAD.SQL; SPROT.SQL; SSRC.SQL.

I had a closer look at a table in the APPL0.SQL; the table A002. When looking at the table statements in the .SQL file I see the following:

tab: A002

sql: CREATE TABLE "A002"

("MANDT" VARCHAR2 (000003)

DEFAULT '000' NOT NULL,

"KAPPL" VARCHAR2 (000002)

DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL,

"KSCHL" VARCHAR2 (000004)

DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL,

"ALAND" VARCHAR2 (000003)

DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL,

"TAXK1" VARCHAR2 (000001)

DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL,

"TAXM1" VARCHAR2 (000001)

DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL,

"DATBI" VARCHAR2 (000008)

DEFAULT '00000000' NOT NULL,

"DATAB" VARCHAR2 (000008)

DEFAULT '00000000' NOT NULL,

"KNUMH" VARCHAR2 (000010)

DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL)

PCTFREE 10

PCTUSED 40

TABLESPACE &APPL0&

STORAGE (INITIAL 0000000024 K

NEXT 0000000040 K

MINEXTENTS 0000000001

MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED

PCTINCREASE 0000

FREELISTS 001

FREELIST GROUPS 01) ;

When I compare this with the table definition in the .STR file I see the following:

ind: A002~0

tab: A002

att: APPL0 0 XX T all A002~0 APPL0 0

fld: MANDT CLNT 3 0 0 not_null 1

fld: KAPPL CHAR 2 0 0 not_null 2

fld: KSCHL CHAR 4 0 0 not_null 3

fld: ALAND CHAR 3 0 0 not_null 4

fld: TAXK1 CHAR 1 0 0 not_null 5

fld: TAXM1 CHAR 1 0 0 not_null 6

fld: DATBI DATS 8 0 0 not_null 7

fld: DATAB DATS 8 0 0 not_null 0

fld: KNUMH CHAR 10 0 0 not_null 0

Apparently the number of colums and the name of the colums are the same. The difference is in the colum data type.

This reflects differences between the SAP DDIC and the oracle DIC. The SAP DDIC table definition is similar to the .STR file. The oracle DIC table definition is similar to the <TABART>.SQL file.

The question is now which one is OK? And again, should I run the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL?

When I look at other SAP ERP systems (ERP6.0) I see that the table A002 is defined as in the .STR file. In addition, when I run the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL on the ERP6.0 system I do not find any <TABART>.SQL being generated.

This would suggest not to run the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL?

Thanks again,

Regards,

Bart.

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Sapinst will ask you to run this report anyway. In any case I would run this report. As you already mentioned it has generated SQL files. These you will need to put to DATA directory so that migmon can use them (assuming you will use migration monitor which is integrated into Sapinst).

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

See below

Former Member
0 Kudos

SMIGR_CREATE_DDL will generates <TABART>.sql files containing DDL statements for non-standard ABAP database objects (mainly BW objects).

This is mandatory to run from BW 3.0 and other systems based on BW functionalities (i.e. APO) and it is mandatory for all the systems based on Netweaver 04 / ABAP Web AS 6.40.

If you don't have BW component installed on your R/3 Enterprise 4.7 EE system, then it is not required to run this job.

Thanks,

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

We just completed a migration of a 4.7 x 2.00 system and did not have to run the DDL program (the program wasn't even available within the system). We also do not use any BW functionality within the system.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes