cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download of file blocked u2013 Is Internet Explorer or Web Dynpro ABAP Issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a Web Dynpro ABAP Application which has Road map Steps. User can View/Download the file in the last step.

Hereu2019s what I didnu2019t like:

- I follow the roadmap until I can push the u201Cdownload fileu201D button

- I push the download file button and wait

- When the file is ready for download, IE tells me it has blocked the download.

- I can change the option to allow the download, but this brings me back to step one of the roadmap

I believe that it will not be possible to stay directly in the u201Cdownload fileu201D screen after telling IE to allow the download because all pages of the roadmap actually share the same web address.

What do you think? Do we have any means of making IE stay on the Last road may step screen after I told him to allow the blocked content? Is there any work around?

I consider this a bug of Internet Explorer and/or WebDynpro. After the user confirms that the download is safe IE reloads the page which means for WebDynpro to start over the application.

Your help is appreciated,

u2026Nandha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Application was using 'LinkToAction' Web Dynpro UI element i.e. file download is attached to system response. NO IE complains, when application uses 'FileDownload' Web Dynpro UI element.

...Naddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nady,

Did you find any solution to that? We are also facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Naidu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please change the internet settings as : Tools ->internet Options ->security -> Internet -> Custom Level -> Downloads ->

Set enable for Automatic prompting for file downloads and file download.

Save the settings. Close the browser and test the application.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an issue with the browser. Did you test with Mozilla Firefox too.

IE would have been set to stop the popup blocker. When you would have allowed the popup to open, the page refreshes and take the user back to step 1. Try to switch off the popup blocker.

Cheers

Murali.