cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the main points to freeze technical scenario in SRM?VeryUrgent Pls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Guruu2019s,

What are the main points to freeze technical scenario in SRM?.

Please mention main points to select Classic Scenario and Extended Classic scenario individually.

I would really appreciate.

Regards,

John.

Edited by: johnmiller465 on Nov 12, 2009 3:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In addition to Kedar's epxplaintaion for the basic points to be considered while selecting the Technical scenario,the below links also explain some additional important points:

BR,

Deepti.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to all

what is your source of supply mainly used for procurement?

will backend contract avaialble / inforecord existing in the ECC system to meet business requirement.

Is it a fresh SRM project which already ECC in place for procurement process?

There are some practice in the business Direct (production) material - procure via ECC and indirect material procure via SRM .

moreover How the purchasing department wants procurement system.

or you can use both scenarios to meet customer expectation by BADI

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I havenu2019t clear yet please go through my scenarios and reply the answers.

Project is Public sectors, Indian Project. Here is all business scenarios based on Budget based so that every document has Commitment Item and Fund Centers are mandatory.

Material/Service Procurement for Stock and Consume (Direct &Indirect material), 95% Stock material only Procuring.

As per the business scenarios, Self-service procurement, PDP, Sourcing strategy, Spend analysis, Contract and Service Procurement all are using.

ECC system has gone live very recently.

Now tell me which scenario, Can I freeze it?.

Your answers are very precious. I need more clarity on Technical scenario. If Classic supports why?. If Extended scenario supports why?.

Please mention on what base scenario is freezing. I need to explanation to client.

Highly appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,

John.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i believe what is your PPS version / SRM version

generally PPS works on EXtended Classic

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/PPS-ProcurementforPublicSector-+enhancements#PPS-ProcurementforPublicSector-enhancements-PPSprocessisbasedinExtendedClassicscenario

Procurement for Public Sector - PPS1.0: An Overview

Ralf Wolfgang Geithner

Business Card

Company: SAP AG

Posted on Nov. 20, 2007 11:57 AM in Public Sector Subscribe

Print

Introduction:

SAP PPS1.0 is an addon to SAP SRM5.0 addressing requirements of public sector procurement. SAP SRM is used as functional frontend to support the main procurement processes:

Public tendering

Awarding

Contract negotiation

Purchase order creation

SAP PPS1.0 has been designed to work in the extended classic scenario, where SAP ERP 2004 functions as backend supporting the processes:

Sales Order processing

Purchase Requisition processing

Goods Receipt processing

Invoice Receipt processing

Main Features:

PPS 1.0 features a couple of unique functions designed for the needs of public sector customers, namely:

Document Builder Integration

Records Management Integration

Smart document numbering

Funds Management integration

Acceptance at Origin

Central Contractor Registration (CCR)

Contract Tracking and Monitoring

Close Out Execution

Enhanced Versioning

FPDS Reporting

Guaranteed Minimum

Maximum Quantity per Period

Public Sector User Status

Reason Codes for Document Changes

Smart numbering of procurement documents

Selective Release

Sourcing Priorization

In the next couple of blog posts I want to describe the different features and give some guidelines for the implementation of the functionality.

What Next?

I plan to start with the smart numbering which is called as well "long procurement number"

Ralf Wolfgang Geithner is Senior Developer in Procurement for Public Sector core team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SRM 5.5 only. Muthu thank you for your reply.

I am expecting more clarity please. Share the knowledge. I was facing this question for a long period to find exact points. I guess some of the implication on G/L Accounts, GR and IR, Taxes and Pricing conditions also.

Please explain all details in all functional areas. If I take Classic and Extended classic. I will award full point clear explanation details.

Awaiting for quick responses.

Thanks & Regards,

John.

Edited by: johnmiller465 on Nov 16, 2009 5:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think gentleman above have given you enough pointers to make your own decision .... what else are you expecting a PPT ...

BR

Padhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa/Muthu,

Thank you so much for your help. I have awarded points.

Trailokyanath Padhi if you know anything answer it. I know what they answered and what I want. I think you do not understand my previous post what I was asking, please read that. Anyhow thanks for your free suggestion.

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

The chief reason for selecting Classic or Extended classic scenario is whether you want to use the purchasing functionality of EBP.

If an Organization has already spent some years using SAP for it's Procurement activities and SRM is only an additional channel for the existing Purchasing activity, it makes sense to go for the classic scenario.

However if the Organization is on Legacy systems or if they want indirect activity to be completely segregated or if the buyers are new to SAP, extended classic scenario is recommended.

It is much easier to use the Purchasing functions in Extended classic scenario.

However as regards implementation effort and time, extended classic is much complicated compared to classic.

Regards

Kedar