cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ChaRM to register objects in Marketplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to control what changes are done to SAP standard workbench objects, using ChaRM, so that for example every time a program needs to be registered to make customer modifications in the marketplace we can do it using a ticket from ChaRM. Then we can have an approval process and a total traceability.

Is that possible? Is there any alternative way to have that controlled in Solution Manager?

I appreciate your comments.

Regards

Esteban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban

As we know service desk can be integrated with service market place for raising OSS messages

So if yo have a service desk ticket having this requirement then you can send a message to sap and the reply is recorded in the servoce desl ticket then the action

CREATE CHANGE DOC will trigger CHARMS process for you

thus developer of UC or NC can see the details via the flow button.

Hope it solves ur problem

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for your answer. However the issue is a bit different. Customer found that they want to make a modification in a standard code because of business needs. So, they need to access to the marketplace to register that object. No incident was created in Service Desk, no notes from SAP. We want to have a Change Request and a Change Document to control the modifications and registration of this object. However I did not found any action in ChaRM Change Document that allows me to access marketplace and keep track of this registration in the change document.

Do you have any idea?

Many thanks

Esteban

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Standard method is to Send message to SAP Action provided in SAP Service Desk for raising OSS

but this is not there in Change request becoz.....the std flow is to hav always first the service desk message and then change request becoz SD msg carries more system details etc. for SAP in the BASIS part of the mesg.

so for you requirement you need to go for development or convince them to follow the standard flow.

Hope it clarifies ur doubt

Regards

Prakhar