cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic letters & RTL in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have smartforms maintained in EN that should displays material descriptions in Arabic.

the problem is that the description appears in Arabic letters but written in LTR (Left To Right) format instaed of RTL.

I tried many notes but didn't work.

We have SAPKB70014 for ECC6.

Any clue will be appreciated,

Iman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Questions based onNote 587150 - Support of Arabic-script languages :

1) Does it happen in print preview? If yes, what is your sapgui: windows, java, html, BSP, etc.?

2) Does it happen in PDF? (do you convert to PDF?)

3) Does it happen on printed paper? If yes, do you use frontend printing or saplpd/sapsprint? What device type do you use?

4) Do you mix Occidental and Arabic? If yes, you should change the original language of your smartform to Arabic.

5) Did you test with logon language AR or did you test with message control? Did you use

6) Do you have a unicode or non-unicode system?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These other notes may also be interesting:

Note 1108855 - Mixing non Latin 1 and ASCII (English) content

Note 822634 - RTL SAPScript/Smartforms printing with embedded LTR texts

Note 1280236 - RTL languages not known to the SAP system: Only the languages Hebrew (HE), Arabic (AR), Urdu (UR), and Farsi (FA) are correctly handled

Note 1258722 - LTR Includes in RTL SAPScript/Smartforms documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Does it happen in print preview? If yes, what is your sapgui: windows, java, html, BSP, etc.?

yes, the letters are coming in Arabic but scattered not continous in the print preview. but in the print, it shows as "#".

The SAPGUI is 710.

2) Does it happen in PDF? (do you convert to PDF?)

We don't transform it in PDF format

3) Does it happen on printed paper? If yes, do you use frontend printing or saplpd/sapsprint? What device type do you use?

yes. We use the frontend printing, the default HP printer. The device is LOCL that uses SAPWIN driver.

4) Do you mix Occidental and Arabic? If yes, you should change the original language of your smartform to Arabic.

yes, the smartform shows both English & Arabic texts. For example, the material description is all in Arabic with some digits.

The Header for the windows and the tables are all in English.

5) Did you test with logon language AR or did you test with message control? Did you use

I tested with AR logon, the same output with the same error. I'm not sure to understand what is using message control.

6) Do you have a unicode or non-unicode system?

The system is Unicode, ECC6 .

I also checking the attached notes.

Thanks,

Iman

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) and 3) (# not printed correctly, using sapwin), I think you should use I6SWIN or ARSWIN device type (there are some notes which will give you more information)

4) your smartform should have original language "AR" as explained in note above "mixing ...".

5) what means "message control"? see [sap library - message control|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c8/19878343b111d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm] (in short, it corresponds to transaction NACE and table NAST, it is used especially in SD, MM modules, and in a few others)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) and 3) (# not printed correctly, using sapwin), I think you should use I6SWIN or ARSWIN device type (there are some notes which will give you more information)

I still testing it

4) your smartform should have original language "AR" as explained in note above "mixing ...".

I tried this, created the form in AR and run in AR logon, but the layout is not solved.

5) what means "message control"? see sap library - message control (in short, it corresponds to transaction NACE and table NAST, it is used especially in SD, MM modules, and in a few others)

I checked it, it's correctly configured and calls the requested form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I have created a custom smartform for printing the PO, Sales Invoice.

The material description is maintained from RTL-Arabic language in Material Master(MM02) - محبس بليه بلاكورين 75م

I need to print the above material description alone within the Item window in arabic language as displayed above but it is getting reversed when I see the print preview of PO and Sales Invoice.

Initially, I got to know from some SDN forum replies that we need to enable Arabic Font in our workstation(PC) so that it can be solved and then some suggested that Arabic font should be installed in SAP system.(Tried both the options, but could not resolve issue).

Even we tried in SE63 to translate the text but we couldnot.

SE63->Translation->ABAP Objects->Other Long texts->FS(Forms & Styles)->SSF->Smartform Name->Source/Target Lang->Edit. Window with the english version opens at the top and at the bottom, there is an editable window for translation.

But I could not further proceed as I didnt know how to do translation for the text elements.

Correct me if I am wrong in these steps.

Even we tried creating a new device type but not sure whether I am correct. The output is still in the reverse form.

Could anyone suggest me a solution to resolve this issue and explain the steps to do the translation in SE63.

Earliest reponse will be appreciated.

Rgds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi evryone.

i knw its like a year old question. but stil.. its never too late

Firstly you should use.. ARSWIN device type.

Secondly keep the original language as english. thats fine.

Thirdly when you create your driver program for your smartform pass the Control_Parameter-Langu = Arabic.

This will call your english smartform in the arbic language and hence it will all come in RTL style.

This control parameter is present in the interface of your smartform.

Be careful becoz all your english will also come in right to left.

Example of a driver program -

&----

*& Report ZJP_M_SMFR_GRV

*&

&----

*&

*& DRIVER PROGRAM FOR SMART FORM - ZJP_SF_M_GOODS_RECEIPT_VOUCHER!

&----

REPORT ZJP_M_SMFR_GRV.

TABLES : MKPF.

DATA : FM_NAME(30) TYPE C,

FORMNAME(30) TYPE C.

DATA : L_CPAR TYPE SSFCTRLOP.

L_CPAR-LANGU = 'AR'.

START-OF-SELECTION.

SELECTION-SCREEN BEGIN OF BLOCK B1 WITH FRAME TITLE TEXT-000.

PARAMETERS : V_MBLNR TYPE MKPF-MBLNR MATCHCODE OBJECT ZJP_SH_MBLNR.

SELECTION-SCREEN : END OF BLOCK B1.

END-OF-SELECTION.

CALL FUNCTION 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'

EXPORTING

FORMNAME = 'ZJP_SF_M_GOODS_RECEIPT_VOUCHER'

IMPORTING

FM_NAME = FORMNAME

EXCEPTIONS

NO_FORM = 1

NO_FUNCTION_MODULE = 2

OTHERS = 3.

IF SY-SUBRC <> 0.

• MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO

• WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.

ENDIF.

CALL FUNCTION FORMNAME

EXPORTING

CONTROL_PARAMETERS = L_CPAR

V_MBLNR = V_MBLNR

EXCEPTIONS

FORMATTING_ERROR = 1

INTERNAL_ERROR = 2

SEND_ERROR = 3

USER_CANCELED = 4

OTHERS = 5.

IF SY-SUBRC <> 0.

• MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO

• WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.

ENDIF.

Hope this was helpful.

rward if so.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction Original Language has to be ARABIC.

you have to login in Arabic and goto tcode smartforms. open your smartform and change the original language and make it arabic.

then relogin in english and maintain the original lang as arabic.

call from driver program passing the control parameter as 'A' and perfect arabic appears!

i am using it myself.