cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Automatic sync feature Neweaver 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have gone through demo "The full automatic synchronization feature is available with the SLD as of SAP NetWeaver 7.1 "

I would like to understand how to enable this feature in Netweaver 2004s systems.

Because when i check SLD for Netweaver 2004s system ( in other words :- systems which are not running on 7.1 )

When i click on Administration button .....I DO NOT GET " SYNCHRONIZATION " button....( as we get in 7.1 system's SLD )

Please let me know whether this feature is supported in Netweaver 2004s systems.

Regards,

RR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not as far as I'm aware...

The SLD content synchronization is fully supported by AS Java 7.1 and above. Additionally, an SLD of version 7.0 SP12 and above can be used as source system for unidirectional synchronization only. Systems with version 7.0 do not support the notification of listener systems.

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/2f42f114bc59bde10000000a155369/content.htm

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan , i have already gone through this link... but my question would be

if Automatic synchronization not supported releasees below Netweaver 7.1 ...

what is the technique used to keep all system's SLD in synch which are running on Netweaver 7.0

If there is no Automatic synchronization procedure followed for Netweaver 7.0 system , then

is there any note which clearly talks about this difference ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two techinques to do so:

1. To setup sld data suppliers, which will sink all the techincal systems but not the business systems.

2. Manually in a weekly basis or daily basis export the cim content of a central sld and import it in all the other sld as required.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This synchronization" button is not available for Netweaver 7.0 release and is available for Netweaver 7.1 release

Best Option for you in relevance to Netweaver 7.0 is to apply automatic forwarding, that is replication of current SLD to backup SLD.

Reference Link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a1a8fb-0527-2a10-f781-8b67eab16...

Kindly provide points if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Umar Tariq

SAP Netweaver Consultant