cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy based Maintenance Plan - Scheduling details extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PM Gurus,

We are migrating from one SAP instance to other in a phased manner (plant-wise), for which we are extracting all the current objects like equipments, measuring points, functional location, task list, maintenance plans, etc.,

However extraction of maintenance plans/items is very much possible from the direct tables such as MPLA/MPOS etc.,

But scheduling details of the same plans is also possible to an extent by extracting required information from tables MHIS/MHIO. However when we carry forward the maintenance plans from one SAP system to other, We do a "Start in cycle" It is not possible to extract the due packages exactly out of the scheduling period as it is available in a structure - RMIPM and fetched dynamically.

For example a maint plan of scheduling period 52 weeks, has 2 cycles 4month (16 weeks) & 1year.

After executing 2 cycles of 4 month next due would be 4M & 1Y, Here when we set an offset in "Start in cycle" as 32 weeks and schedule the plan it starts with due package 4M & 1Y.

My question is to know as how to arrive at that value 32 weeks internally using the call number and due package combination. Is there a direct table available to perform this calculation and arrive at the required offset.

Thanks in advance !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have came across such a problem when migrating from 4.6C to ECC6.0

What we have done is against a equipment number we have taken the latest call date(this was done in excel.) we have subtracted the frequency of cycle.( like 182 days- ,365 days etc).For those equipment which were in offset we have treated them differently.as this was time to rectify all the calibration cycle we have manually corrected data from MPOS/MPLA table.

We were having around 7000 equipments.

we have uploaded the file of equipment master & then maint plan.

Now its working perfectly.

There is no provision for automatic calculation.

I hope this will add some value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your reply !!!!

However i'm looking for a direct extraction from some table or a query ...... kind of a thing to do this automatically.

Doing in Excel is not a prefered way..