Hello All,

I should NOT pass the interface when Field1 contains abc in the entire string:

IDOC

--

---

---Field1

---

/IDOC

Incomming data of this field would be uuuabcpppp or eeeeabcooooo so to day it can be abc if it is the case I should fail this itnerface.

Any inputs?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There are two options to do this

1) Put a condition on Target element header note which will be created only if the Field1 value is other than abc

In this case the message will go into red status

2) In receiver determination put a condition if field1 value is abc the pass it to a dummy service.

If you give a dummy file adapter then message will not be in red status. But the adapter will be in error status when u check it in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs. Scenario is like this: There are multiple receivers.... in which one of the receiver is to check this condition.. If there is a value with abd in any where in a string then it should not pass this IDOC to this reciver.. Receiver is File Adaptor,

Thanks

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can use dedicated rcv det using a pattern expression (ie, xpath of field LIKE 'abc') and select "do not raise error" when no receiver can be determined ?

If you need more complex pattern expression (regex), then you'll have to switch to enhanced receiver determination

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in Blog refered by Suraj, try using Xpath functions.

The following fn might be usefull-

fn:contains(string1,string2) Returns true if string1 contains string2, otherwise it returns false

Example: contains('XML','XM')

Result: true

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414700)ID2114491850DB10751586618742446872End...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If abc then I should not send the data..

I have to write Xpath ecpression and use EX ?

Thanks

Rajeev

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Incomming data of this field would be uuuabcpppp or eeeeabcooooo so to day it can be abc if it is the case I should fail this 
itnerface.

Make use of the COntains Pattern option in the Receiver Determination to define the condition

Left Operand:

IDOC[not(Field1]

Middle Operand: CP....symbol will be similar to ~

Right Operand:

*abc*

I am combining the logic mentioned in this wiki....check the 2nd and 4th diagram (from the end):

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XpathConditioninReceiverDetermination

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Try the method shown in the blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

Regards

Suraj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

if filed1 value not abc,then you want to stop the interface ,its not possible to exit the flow in PI,if you want stop it then it will show red flag in moni,means interface failed.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might not be possible to check out this condition in receiver determination.

You need to filter this in mapping and then pass values to the target. But It results in mapping exception every time the condition fails.

Btw, what is the receiver system?