cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change SC after partial rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a Shopping cart approval workflow on SRM 7.0 using process-controlled Workflow.

We have 2 levels in our process schema.

1 level: Approval with completion

2 Level: Approval (Line mangager approves if total value exceeds requestors spending limit)

If a Shopping cart with multiple line items go for approval, and the line manager approves one item and rejects another, the Shopping cart is returned to the requester to either accept the decision or to adjust the shopping cart.

However, when the requestor receives the work item in his inbox, he has no possibility to change the shopping cart.

I have checked the BBP_WFL_SECURITY setting for the requestor: Low (Workflow is always restarted when changes are made)

I have implemented SAP Note 1397705 BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI: Incorrect security level in default BAdI.

Is there any experts who can advise what to do?

I don't want to copy the existing Shopping cart, just to make some small changes, and then send the new SC for approval and delete the old, source SC.

Best regards

Per T. Olsen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the note 1277921 Allow/Disallow to edit fields for approver/reviewer.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1277921

Please note BBP_WFL_SECURITY is not handled in Process-Controlled Workflow.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

reading the note it is clear that in process-controlled workflows it is not possible to change a partially rejected Shopping cart, and have it restart the workflow.

Is there any workaround to have a restart of the workflow when the requestor changes a partially rejected SC???

I mean, it would be great to change a Shopping cart based on the Approvers notes, and then resubmit for approval. This way we can keep track of the approval notes. All we can do now is to copy the Shopping cart into a new one make the changes and then go for approval with the new one, but then we lose the approval note history.

Is tehere anyone out there with a similar problem, who has any ideas or maybe found some workarounds??

Best regards

Per T.