cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subcontracting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi alll,

What will be the role of SD in subcontracting process?

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subcontracting can be done with and without SD delivery. SD role comes for creating outbound delivery for the subcontracting orders via T.code ME2O.

Hope this helps

Chandra Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear chandra kiran,

Thankyou very much for your reply.

1)You mean to say that ME2O will be done by sales?

2)Is this the TCode for creating outbound delivery for subcontracting orders? what is the use of this delivery?

3) If so what is this subcontracting order?

Kindly explain me in detail regarding SD. I need this.

Kumar

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically SUB CONTRACTING is an MM process

It involves little bit of SD too (if req)

Suppose if you have gold coins and you want to convert that to gold chain

then you supply or issue gold coin to subcontracting vendor and receive gold chain from him and make a goods receipt for gold chain

Here the GOLD COIN is COMPONENTS

GOLD CHAIN is FINISHED PRODUCT

Company issues components to vendor and receive finished products from the vendor and the subcontracting po is made for finished product mentioning item category as L ( MM item cate) and mentioning components

In this the GOODS ISSUE can happen through SD delivery if the client wants and if customization is done

If delivery type is designed to PO type in t code OMGM

Standard delivery type is LB

Item category is LBN (item category determination happens through delivery item cate determination settings t code 0184)

Schedule line category is LB

Movement type is 541

In general MM itself will make in T code MB1B makes a transfer postings through movement 541 and issue it to subcontracting the vendor the components and receive it through MIGO

and the vendor charges some value to the company for making that as a gold chain and is entered in the system as MIRO

If the logic is understood it is a 2 minute simple configuration for SD role in subcontracting

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raja for your valuble information,

Kindly Can you put the same scenario for this.

I dont have any material with me. I am buying power cable from vendors and giving the same to subcontractors, wherin they are installing the same for my customer.

Kindly give steps for this scenario of subcontracting with SD, as in the same way u have given for gold coins.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I will recommend you to read the article at sap.com about SD & subcontracting, this will for sure clear you the complete process

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0dbde93-6fa4-2c10-edb9-e477fa85b232

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think this is a subcontracting scenario. Try this with a third party order.

Thanks

Chandra Kiran

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you know,

Issuing raw materials / SFG to the vendor, vendor process it & issue the output material back to the plant- which is overview of MM Subcontracting process. Where SD will not have any role in it.

Process steps-

1- Subcontracting PO will be created against Vendor

2- Goods Issued to the Vendor (Mov type:541)

3- MIGO- 101

4- MIRO