cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit managment -dynamic credit check

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have activated dynamic credit check and i have set a horizon limit for 2 months and i have given date as 15.01.2010

i have given a credit limit for 500000 for a customer " A" . and i have activated credit block in sale order level .

If i did a sales order for 12.11.2009 for 250000 the system is accepting becasue the billing vallue is within the credit limit

then i did a sales order for 31.12.2009 for 350000 the system is showing an error stating it is exceeding the credit limit of so and so amount .. thts correct . and the order is blocked for delivery

and if i do a sales order for 20.01.2010 for 100000 the sysem is also showing the error?

My question is

as per the dynamic credit check how it works?

Whether the system will take into considerations the order for 20.01.2010 ? or not becasue it is falling beyond the horizon date.

can some body guide me on dynamic credit check

with regards

kumaresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Which date you are talking about, Req. Delivery Date or Delivery Date in Schedule Line?

Dynamic Check consider the Confirmed Delivery Date of Schedule Line.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Thanks for the update, so do u mean that the dynamic check will consider the confirmed delivery date of schedule line. which means the stock should be available on that day if not the dynamic check will not be triggred. can i have more explanation on this .

becasue my client is having 90 % of the sale is through schedule line which they give for a year in this case it is advisable to go for dynamic check or static ?

And i have doubt becasue one of their requirement is this block should be done in the delivery level and that too it has to connect through a payment terms.. is there any possiblity of connecting the credit managment through payment terms..

Eg: For ABC Customer the credit limit is Rs.500000 and the payment terms is 30 days.

1 bill is made for 200000

2 bill is made for 100000

3 bill is made for 200000

4 bill is made for 200000 even though the amount raised by the customer is 400000

The payment for the first bill has been made.

The second and third bill is falling beyond the payment terms days so the system has to trigger a block for the fourth bill stating that the 4 bill can be process for only 200000 becasue the payment is not made for the second and third bill which has an outstanding of 300000 and the over all credit limt for the customer is 500000

how should i map this senario.

And, if i mention horizon period in OVA8 for 2 months , do i have to mentiond any date in particular in the horizon field in FD32, what is the difference between these two horizon.

please clear my doubts

regards

kumaresh

, w

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have lots of querry so I would like to answer one by one. First thing I would suggest that go through the SAP Note 18613, since it gives entire customising of Credit management.

Thanks for the update, so do u mean that the dynamic check will consider the confirmed delivery date of schedule line. which means the stock should be available on that day if not the dynamic check will not be triggred. can i have more explanation on this .

Yes, the dynamic check will consider the Confirmed Delivery Date since that is the date on which you are going to deliver the material and not before that.

And i have doubt becasue one of their requirement is this block should be done in the delivery level and that too it has to connect through a payment terms.. is there any possiblity of connecting the credit managment through payment terms..

The setting is in OVA8 and there for the combination of CCA + Risk Category + Credit Group(ie. Order or Delivery or PGI), you can set that where you want warning and where you want error. So as per your requirement you can set warning at Order level, ie. Credit Group 01; and error at Delivery level, ie., Credit Group 02.

To link the Payment Terms with Credit management :- There is NO direct link between these two, however you can use the field Oldest Open Item in OVA8, for that. Maintain 30 days there and check. If for every Customer you have different Payment Terms then it will be a bit difficult.

You may try to use User Exit provided by SAP in the field USER1 / USER2/ or USER3 in OVA8. Exits are LVKMPTZZ, LVKMPTZ1.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Revert with the outcome.

Thanks and Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thank you very much for your suggestions...

i think i have to go with user exist becasue the client is having different payment terms for different customers .

what is the different between the horizon in ova8 and Fd32, if i give horizon period as 2 months is it complusory for me to have give a horizon date in FD 32 . and more over if thats is the case then with the help of the abapers i can able to run a back ground program which picks the date automatically after the first 2 months gets over.

i.e. first two months fall from jan to febuary then i have to give horizon date 28.02.2010,

then automatically the system will populate the next horizon date i.e 30.04.2010 , is something like this can be done.

pls guide me on this

kumaresh

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The OVA8 is for customisation and FD32 is for maintaining the Master Data.

If you leave the OVA8 Horizon field blank, then in FD32 system will take the Current data as Horizon in FD32. And if you mainatin the horizon in OVA8 then system will calculate that date and maintain the horizon date here accordingly. For ex. if you maintained the Horizon in OVA8 as 1month, and you check the FD32 data on 15.11.2009 then it will show the horizon date here as 15.12.2009.

If you maintain a date in FD32 manually then the syatem will take that date as Horizon.

To do the testing maintain the Horizon in OVA8 and then run the transaction in F.28, then check the data in FD32.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Edited by: AA on Nov 14, 2009 4:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks for the update

i checked by this example and the following figures are coming

Today (i.e 17.11.2009) First in OVA8 i put 2 months then i checked in FD32 it is showing in horizon date field as 16.01.2010. then i came and put in OVA8 as 4 months , and saved it . then i checked in FD32 it is showing in horizon date field still as 16.01.2010. i checked in f.28 it says " no special msg have been logged in the test run "

so does it mean that the horizon date once is activated it cannot be re calculated automatically. we have to give the horizon date automatically ? or Once it is given it cannot be altered.

Kindly guide me on this pls

kumaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After changing in OVA8 run the report RVKRED09 and recheck the horizon date

Regards

Sanjay

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

then i checked in FD32 it is showing in horizon date field still as 16.01.2010. i checked in f.28 it says " no special msg have been logged in the test run "

so does it mean that the horizon date once is activated it cannot be re calculated automatically. we have to give the horizon date automatically ? or Once it is given it cannot be altered.

Have you rerun the F.28, after changing the Horizon from 2 to 4 months?? Recheck the FD32 after running the F.28 transaction.

Give your feedback.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amithesh,

i have rechecked the system i have given 4 months today in OVA8 and have re run in f. 28

for eg: today's date is 19.11.2009 , and 4 months given in OVA8, and then i checked in FD32 it is showing 19.03.2010"

I thing it is coming correct..

thanks for the update and valuable replies

kumaresh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If i did a sales order for 12.11.2009 for 250000 the system is 
accepting becasue the billing vallue is within the credit limit

then i did a sales order for 31.12.2009 for 350000 the system is 
showing an error stating it is exceeding the credit limit of so and so 
amount .. thts correct . and the order is blocked for delivery 

and if i do a sales order for 20.01.2010 for 100000 the sysem is 
also showing the error?

try this

sales order 12.11.2009 for 250000.

sales order 31.12.2009 for 200000.

sales order 20.01.2010 for 250000 - it will not display error message - hope you understood why?.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

As per my understanding,

Your credit limit is 500000

First doc 250000

Second doc 350000

So you credit exposure is already is beyond the limit. So any order created will be blocked.

Third doc is for 100000 not considered for calculation of u2018Credit exposureu2019 since it is beyond credit horizon.

Kindly check u2018Credit exposureu2019, whether it is considering third doc value i.e.100000.

thank you

Anirudh

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Dynamic Credit check, if you are maintaining Credit horizon as 2 months. system will consider the only those values which falls within this Credit period.

It will not consider, if the shipping date falls beyond this Credit period.

you can read the help from FD32, which may clears yours doubt.

Date of credit horizon

If this indicator is set, only the outstanding sales values which fall within the defined credit horizon are taken into account when calculating the credit limit used.

The date defaulted in this field is the smallest horizon specified for the customer and the risk category in Customizing for credit control. If a horizon has not been specified in Customizing, the system defaults the current date, and all outstanding sales values are taken into account for the credit limit used.

Procedure

Enter the required date. The system calculates the proportion of the total commitments that have reached the credit limit by the specified date.

(ref: Help from "Horizon date field" in FD32 screen)