cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

pls can anyone give me some explaination about what MILESTONE billing is all about, how do i include it in config plan and where do ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sure, you would not have searched the forum before posting this question. Please put some little efforts to search and still if you do not get any answer, you are most welcome to post.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Billing Plan:

Instead of having on Billing date, you need to have multiple palnned dates for Billing. This is called Billing Plan.

Billing Plan is of two types,

1. Periodic Billing PlanType

2. Milestone Billing Plan Type

Suppose, you have given your Computor on rent @Rs.5000/- per month. Here every month you charge Rs.5000/- full amount in a gap of 30 days or 1st of every month.

In Periodic Billing, Billing period is fixed, amount is full amount and total amount at a time.

Particularly, in large project like construction of Plnat and engineering which are for long period, we go for Milestone billing plan. Here there is no fixed period for billing. One phase or milestone is once completed, we send a billing to the customer.

Down payment is normally taken in Milestone Billing Plan.

What Billing Plan Type is relevant, it is specified in the Item category. In Milestone Billing Plan, Item category is TAO.

It is always relevant for Order-related Billing.

For detail configuration, you have to define

- Date category

- Date rule

- Date description

- Date Proposal

You also search the forum for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos