cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BAPI and Portal in my Web Dynpro Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find information on how to create a Web Dynpro project in Netweaver, and then use the BAPI "Employee" to get the information my app needs? I don't understand how to link the things together. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, that tutorial I have run through, but I am looking for something that describes how to access the BAPI function, how to integrate it into my Web Dynpro application. This tutorial is not very useful(in my opinion) since they GIVE you the template and everything you need and you just have to download it. More suggestions welcome, thanks!

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kathreen,

did you try what the tuorial does and substituting the tutorial BAPI with your "Employee" BAPI ?

Could you let us know what is the part what needs explanation ?

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the confusing part is that the tutorial is VERY case specific. They GIVE you a project template, you download it from online, and everything just shows up in netweaver for you. Also, I don't know why they create a custom controller, and when it is good or bad to do that. I assume its just based on personal needs, but I don't see why the tutorial did it. And why do I need a new model package name when I do "Import Adaptive RFC"? Why can't I use the one that I am already using for my project? Thats about where I am at for the moment. Help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright well, bigger more frustrating problem. So I worked through that tutorial and was doing my own thing using the tutorial as a guide, and then I got to "Adding the Implementation of the Backend Connection" part of it.

Down to the wdDoInit() part of it and the following lines can not be altered to suit my needs:

Bapi_Flight_Getlist_Input input = new Bapi_Flight_Getlist_Input();

input.setDestination_From(new Bapisfldst());

I can not use "quick fix" because those changes are deleted when you rebuild. I do not know what this Bapisfldst() is, or how to create this construct, or what it looks like. I tried changing it to: input.setEmployee_ID(new BapiTest()); for example.

And I don't know why I can't alter that first set to suit my needs: Bapi_Employee_GetData_Input input = new Bapi_Employee_GetData_Input(); //can not be resolved or is not a valid type. Same for the Bapisfldst thing.

Also, this is not true:

To add the import statements, position the cursor anywhere in the Java Editor and chooseSource -> Organize Imports from the context menu.

The following import statements are added to the source code, without your having to do anything more:

//@@begin imports

import com.sap.tut.wd.flightlist.model.Bapi_Flight_Getlist_Input;

import com.sap.tut.wd.flightlist.model.Bapisfldst;

import com.sap.tut.wd.flightlist.wdp.IPrivateFlightListCust;

//@@end

When I use this feature, nothing happens. No imports are added. Soooo I do not know how to fix any of the above, really, which of course prevents me from moving on.

When I mouse over the above problem lines in the given Flight Tutorial code, all it says is "Code generated by Web Dynpro". Of course this does me no good, I can't see whats going on, it just conveniently works.

Any suggestsions, anyone?