Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT CONFIGURATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I did alert configuration for my inrterfaces. like this

I created Alert Classififcation and Alert catregory.

than i added the container values and Expressions

I added Fiexed recepients.

under ALRTCATDEF tr code.

then i went to RWB and created alert rules and activated.

Is this right procedure? i did above procedure and add my user in fiexed recepints. i am not getting any alerts in to my Alert inbox in RWB.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srini

first check whether after creating alert rule dont forget to update abap table

this tag is ther in the alert configuration page only

run tcode se38 and run report RSALERTDISP and execute it in the background on hourly base

then you can receive you alert in your alertinbox

more you can check

run tcode SLG1 there you can check whether alert has been generated for your category

more go to tcode SOST there you can check whetehr any alert has been generated for your user

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem witt alert configuration Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srini

run tcode se38

inside that run report RSALERTDISP and set it to execute hourly

then you can get your alert in your alertinbox

run tcode SLG1 there you can check whetehr alert for your error has been generated

more run tcode SOST there yu can check if alert has been generated

Regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am getting alerts but If see in ALert subscription page under RWB--> ALERTINBOX. there is no entries. any i am getting alerts.

Is this process is righ or Wrong?

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

check in tcode suo1 whether your user has been assigned a valid mail address in same domain.

also run tcode and check if you have activated alertinbox service .

regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep.

You told above

also run tcode and check if you have activated alertinbox service

for wich tr code i ahve to check.

Here I am sending the alert using RSALERTTEST I am able to get alerts in to My AlertInbox in RWB. If i am sending wrong mapping data to XI. this messge is failing in XI in this case i am not getting any error.

And i checkd Alert inbox subscription page in this page i am getting The table does not contain any entries

And i checked in SOST tr code here i am getting below error

Status txt Cannot process message, no route from SRINIVAS to TXI:300:SRINIVAS

please help me on this

thanks

Srinivas

Edited by: srinivasreddy p on Nov 16, 2009 11:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to personalize, check whether your alert name exists in alert configuration and is active.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya,

yes i created alert rule in RWB. how activate this rule.

And I am not getting any subscribtions in to subscription page in RWB--> alertinbox.

thanks

Srini

Edited by: srinivasreddy p on Nov 16, 2009 11:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under active rule defination tab in alert configuration, check whether you have selected the rule active option for the alerty category that you have defined.

Are you using the same user details defined in the alrtcatdef here as well to check in RWB

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nithya

I am getting below error in SOST tr code

Status txt Cannot process message, no route from SRINIVAS to TXI:300:SRINIVAS

please give me u r valuble solution

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nithya,

i am sending the alerts through Internet in SCOT tr code. But this alerts are going via RML W/O node. Under

howto restrict for internet here. i am trying to select and restrict but it was not happing.

but in Development system it was working fine. but the problem is in Quality.

thanks

srinivas

Edited by: srinivasreddy p on Nov 17, 2009 5:01 AM

Edited by: srinivasreddy p on Nov 17, 2009 5:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Run the program SXMSALERT_LOGREADER in SE38 and check ur log.

might throw some light.

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Go to tx SLG1 and check the error logs.

I was having a similar issue and this eror info helped a lot.

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srini

to activate services

run tcode SICF execute it

inside under virtual host/services sap->bc->bsp->sap->alertinbox

check if this service(alert inbox) is activated

please check

1) in RWB ->alert configuration underalert category if you can see your alert category double click on that

then create a rule and then press button add rule

after that press button update ABAP table. this thing will create entry for your alert rule

2) to check scot congiguration you can follow my SMTP configuration guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a0a27c01-26b0-2c10-bd8a-94498efa7ff6

3) in SU01 plz confirm whether you user has been assigned a valid mail ID in the same domain.

regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I went alertConfiguration. I selected My Alert category in RWB. then i created alert rule.

After this u told me to update ABAP table.

which table i need to update please tell me. And I did same configuration in Development that is working sucessfully. I transported the same objects to quality, but in quality it was not working?

I am tested usnig RSALERTTEST I am able to get alert. but i am sending wrong data to sap from XI here it i failing mapping in this case i am not getting any alert. I checked in SOST table there no alerts are dispayed ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

cheked with SXMSALERT_LOGREADER. here i am getting Alert Rule is not yet confirmed.

what i have to do please tell me in detail.

thanls

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have given your mail-ld in back end also.Please check it

Regards,

Sudha

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Srini many blogs available on the same,search in sdn,follow any stpe by step alert configuration blog,if still you are facing same problem let me know.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raj,

Thank you for your quick replay.

I gone through all blogs in SDN. but still i am facing problem. I am not getting lerts. what is wrong with my alert configuration?

thanks

Srinivas Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this Note for Troubleshooting Alerts-913858

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinu,

check your alert configuration once again,refer below link,creating alerts is not complex...still facing the same problem let me know,i am think something u missed or wrong in configuration.

http://sapdocs.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/alert-configuration-in-xi.pdf

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether your rule is active and have you selected the option supress multiple alerts.

If no details are existing in the subscribe option in alert inbox, you need to the subscribe in the alert inbox.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nithya,

I opened ALERT INBOX in RWB then I selected Subscription. But i am not getrting any details in this.

please help on this

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should get the name of the alert category which you have defined.

Are you getting any error, when you click on subscribe.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am getting The table does not contain any entries in dev XI system

and I am getting below error in QA system

Business Server Page (BSP) error

What happened?

Calling the BSP page was terminated due to an error.

SAP Note

The following error text was processed in the system:

BSP exception: Application sap/alertsubscription cannot be started. Create an application node using Transaction SICF.

Error type:

Your SAP Business Server Pages Team

thanks

Srinivas

Edited by: srinivasreddy p on Nov 12, 2009 11:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It means your BSP application seems to be locked.

Run report BSP_UNLOCK_LONG_APP and mention the BSP application which you need to unlock , ALERTPERSONALIZE_RULES and ALERTSUBSCRIPTION.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya,

Thank you for quick replay.

I un locked..

now selected subscribe tab i am getting The table does not contain any entries

what is the problem please let me know

thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

After unlocking those pages, you will be able to see the personalization page and do the settings, But subscription page shows a table with empty rows and you are not able to add any further users, when you click on subscribe nothing is coming up means that:

The subscription page is empty; it means you have not defined the alert category properly.

Check --> RWB --> ALERT configuration --> See if you are able to see any defined category over there.

If not, then please review the alert configuration steps you had followed as per the blog or How to configure Alert document.

ALRTCATDEFgoto-->Subscription_Authorization if it is empty you need specify the details here. You need to add the Authorization Roles for the User group. it will allow you the permission to see the particular alert category in the subscription in alert inbox.

You have not maintained the Subscription Authorization, thus you are not able to see it in alert inbox.

Also once you setup the authorization run report RSALERTTEST to test your configuration. Give any role that is available on your user ID. It should also work with fixed recipient, I would suggest you to test the alert report RSALERTTEST and see whatu2019s problem.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

After unlocking those pages, you will be able to see the personalization page and do the settings, But subscription page shows a table with empty rows and you are not able to add any further users, when you click on subscribe nothing is coming up means that:

The subscription page is empty; it means you have not defined the alert category properly.

Check --> RWB --> ALERT configuration --> See if you are able to see any defined category over there.

If not, then please review the alert configuration steps you had followed as per the blog or How to configure Alert document.

ALRTCATDEFgoto-->Subscription_Authorization if it is empty you need specify the details here. You need to add the Authorization Roles for the User group. it will allow you the permission to see the particular alert category in the subscription in alert inbox.

You have not maintained the Subscription Authorization, thus you are not able to see it in alert inbox.

Also once you setup the authorization run report RSALERTTEST to test your configuration. Give any role that is available on your user ID. It should also work with fixed recipient, I would suggest you to test the alert report RSALERTTEST and see whatu2019s problem.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nithya,

I did what u told in above.

I Did subscription Authorization for Alert rules. then i went to RWB and Checked in Alertinbox subscription. Here i am not getting any alert categories.

please help me on this.

I am testing using RSALERTTEST program I am getting Alerts to my alert inbox. but i am not able to see the not getting any alert categories in alert subscription under RWB-->ALERTINBOX

thanks

Srinivas