cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDB process hangs at 100% CPU load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

on my MAXDB Server (7.6.00.32) which is running one active DB-Instance, i've got the problem, that the server begins to hang over night. the '/opt/sdb/7600/pgm/kernel' hangs at 99.9 percent cpu load and accepts no connections.

This error occurs about once a week (but not always on the same day) sometimes the error occurs more often.

The logfiles are saying NOTHING, they only beak and there are no log entries from the time of the error on.

What can I do to get the reason for the error or are there any suggestions for solving the problem?

thanks ... Michael Wohlmuther

Edited by: mwohlmuther on Nov 12, 2009 10:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> on my MAXDB Server (7.6.00.32) which is running one active DB-Instance, i've got the problem, that the server begins to hang over night. the '/opt/sdb/7600/pgm/kernel' hangs at 99.9 percent cpu load and accepts no connections.

> This error occurs about once a week (but not always on the same day) sometimes the error occurs more often.

> The logfiles are saying NOTHING, they only beak and there are no log entries from the time of the error on.

>

> What can I do to get the reason for the error or are there any suggestions for solving the problem?

How about installing a MaxDB build that was not build 4 years ago?

Honestly, for 7.6. Build 32 I would not even look up any error descriptions anymore.

Patch up that instance, check/correct the parameters and your problem will very likely be gone then.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick answer,

If i've got the possibility to do so, I would have done this, but it's one a cutomers server, on which I doesn't have the permissions to upgrade the instance.

By the way, I'll suggest this solution to them or give me the permissions to do so.

regards,

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check what the DB is doing by executing

x_cons <DBNAME> sh ac 1

Markus