cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal customer creation for interplant stock transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i just want to know which is the account group I can use for the internal customer.

and in that customer grp do I need to feel the dummy customer details like usual cust details ? or what elase?

will the only one customer be ok for two different receiving plants?

In MM> Purchasing> Purchase Ord --> Define shipping data for plant

we have different plant entries there if we go for details of plant we can see the customer number and the sales area here i cant understand that what customer we have to assign, that internal customer ? which Sales Area, same of a internal customer ???

can we maintain the different combinations like supplier plant becoming the delivering plant and vice a versa.

Please guide me on above query.

regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Think that you create a delivery from a STO (a type of PO) you need a customer for the delivery. The account group define what fields are mandatory, what fields are hidden and so on. Think that is not the same the STO between plants from the same company (you don't have invoices) that between differente companies (you must invoice the delivery and you need to do the setting for account determination, you need the VAT number so you need populate it in this customer and so on).

There are some notes so useful about this issue:

Note 308989 - Consultant note for cross-company transactions

Note 109254 - Customizing stock transport order Cross Company

Note 106821 - Crss Compy/stk transp.ordr:No Interc.Billg possible

Note 543821 - FAQ: cross-company processing

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. There is nothing about the Customer Account Group for Internal Customer... You may use the Standard Sold to Party account group for the same... But the best practice will be a different account group with different number range... this will be helpful to understand that this is internal customer when doing transactions... here you can also leave the non required fields....

if you use the Same Sold to party... its better to maintain different Customer Group for the internal customers...

2. what customer we have to assign, that internal customer ? Yes That Internal Customer only... that means that whenever you create a delivery for this customer... the delivery will reach this Plant....

This internal customer number is assigned to the plants which will a receving plant in STO...

But the Sales Area here requires for Shipping Plant and not for recieving plant... This Sales Area is assigned to create delivery and Billing during the STO for this plant whenever the same is used a shipping plant... so this will not be same internal customer's sales area... but one of the sales area responsible for this plant....

Hope this helps to you...

Thanks,

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create a seperate account group for Stock transfer under that customer account group for stock transfer sales area create customers for your plants by keeping customer name as ur plant 1000 like that.

Then assign these customers in the path you mentioned and mention stock transfer sales area their

and then do the stock transfer sales cycle

Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use customized external account group for internal customers by using same as plant name and remove mandtory fields which r not requird like

Thanks,

Caprin.....