cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit cart - change CoCd data under Basic data tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to allow users to display/change the CoCd/Location attributes under Basic Data tab for a limit cart.

Pl advice how to make these 2 fields available for editing under the basic data tab.

Also, what is the logic to not have this available in SRM standard.

Thanks a lot.

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I had this issue out with SAP a while ago on SRM 5, and their response was simply that it is not possible to change company code on a limit cart.

From what I can remember there are several fields not available in limit items.

If you really want to do it, there is a way you can manipulate it with BADI's if you use classic. I think extended classic would be very difficult, although I have not got an EC system to try so it may be possible still.

Which scenario are you using?

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

We are using the classic scenario. Any further info regarding the BAdI used or any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. One way to do it is create a normal item and make it into a limit item when it hits the backend using BADI BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK.

To do this you will have to find some way of flagging a normal item so the BADI knows to change it into a limit item.

There are several ways to do this, for example you could create a new account assignment category or a custom field (see note 672960).

Then in the BADI, if the item is flagged to create a limit item, change all the data to make it into a limit item.

Another way of doing this would be to add a custom field called "Company code", then you could use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to overwrite the value from the custom field onto the company code of the cart item.

You could use BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI to hide the custom field if the item is not a limit item, then to the user it would look like the real company code field.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using BBPSC01 form then before adding a limit item if you click the Extended details button under default settings and change the company code or plant that will by default get coppied to the limit shopping cart. This will be kind of training end user to change the default copmany code in case they want to create the shopping cart in a different company code.

Not a solution but you can use as work around ...

BR

Padhi

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Pathi is correct .

for example you can not see ship to addresfolder in the limit cart

but it might inherit since it could be default,

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Have you had it working from the BBPSC01 defaults for both company code and plant together? We had the exact same requirement and I can't remember exactly what went wrong but it didn't quite work. I think 1 field would work but not both together or something. That's when we came up with the BADI ideas.

That might well have been an old SRM 4 system though, it was several years ago.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padhi, hi Muthu,

Thanks for your replies. I did propose the workaround (using extended details link to change the comp code or plant) but the business users want the functionality available to them in the basic data tab only.

I guess creating a custom field and using the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI seem the only feasible solution.

Any ideas why SAP hid the fields in the first place.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Yes, we are working with BBPSC01 defaults for both company code and location fields. Also, we are on SRM 5.0 so hopefully we can work with 2 custom fields.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (0)